Search 1901 mission trips from 124 mission organizations
Reach Mayan Indian villages for Christ through outreach activities and youth camps in Mexico!
Action International Ministries
Mexico, Central America
Customizable: Jan-Dec 2018
Lasts between 1 week to 4 weeks
Art, Drama, Music & Puppets, Christian Camping, Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, and Sports & Outdoor
Monthly : $1,100 - $1,300 (US)
Includes: Lodging, Meals, and Travel to and from location
Come as a team and serve during Christmas time or anytime and be a part of a sustainable ministry that has hosted and utilized fruitful STM teams for the past 14 years!Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
Mérida, Mexico: ACTION TEAMS or Mission Internship Opportunity
Overview: This is not your stereotypical house building opportunity in Mexico. Yes, those projects can be beneficial, but this opportunity has a much larger impact and ministry reach! The Canuls work with Mayan communities where the people live in thatched-roof huts with dirt floors and are very hungry for the Gospel. Gama is very well respected in these communities and he directs children's camps for up to 200 kids in the Spring and Summer each year. Teams can play a vital role in these camps or also come at Christmas for outreach!
Q & A with ACTION missionary Gama Canul
1. What are some ministry tasks that you want the team to accomplish while serving with you?
• Evangelism and discipleship of kids and teenagers
• Visitation of small churches in the Mayan villages and assisting with Sunday school
• Participate in ministry through camps in Mérida and out in the Mayan villages (Summer and Spring)
• Help lead VBS programs (Summer and Spring)
• Help facilitate Christmas outreach (Winter)
2. What are some key lessons from your ministry and walk with the Lord that you want to impart to a team to help them as they consider their own individual calls to missions or vocational ministry?
• Learning to commune with God and helping teams develop a vibrant prayer life!
• How to share your personal testimony effectively in cross-cultural contexts
• Teaching team members to never stop sharing the Gospel!
• Encourage students to develop a heart for serving and train them in servant leadership
• How to be faithful in ministry despite challenges and setbacks
3. What criteria do you use to measure the effectiveness of a team serving with you?
• Do they make time for daily communion with God?
• The team’s attitude and steadfastness in serving and how they respond to challenges
• Availability and willingness to serve
4. Please list specific skills a team may expect to develop by the time they leave.
• Service in any context and in all kinds of communities with kids, teenagers, or families.
• Becoming more comfortable sharing their personal testimony and the Gospel in cross-cultural contexts.
• Developing leadership skills and improving in their Spanish language skills!
For more information including pricing visit: actiontrips.org • actioninternational.org/canul
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
Gamaliel and Ligia have an international and interdenominational ministry. Currently they work with several churches on the Yucatán Peninsula, including some in the Mayan areas where no Spanish is spoken. Their ministries include evangelism, discipleship, and marriage seminars. The majority of their efforts, however, are focused on evangelistic and discipleship camps for children, adolescents, and couples.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
Jr. High, Sr. High, College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Groups [max size 25], Married Couples, and Families
At least one year of Bible college (or equivalent) is preferable, but if applicant does not have this, decisions will be made on a case by case basis.
Spanish is helpful, but not required.
ACTION is looking for people with the following qualifications to serve in its Short-term Ministry Program:
1. Personally committed to lifelong obedience and service for the Lord Jesus Christ
2. Must be at least 19 years old with one year of work experience, college, or Bible school
3. A growing, maturing Christian
4. Active in their local church (home or college based)
5. Recommended by their pastor and church
7. Adaptable to other cultures, environments, changing circumstances, etc.
8. Able to accept difficult circumstances
9. A good sense of humor and not easily discouraged
10. Able to accept others’ leadership styles
Mission Trip Offered By Action International Ministries
Phone: 425-775-4800 x240
Action International Ministries (ACTION) is a global mission agency committed to sending multi-national missionaries who treasure Jesus Christ and minister His Gospel in word and deed, primarily to the poor. Our three-prong strategy for urban ministry can be defined under three headings: evangelism, discipleship, and development. The mission currently has over 250 missionaries (and many other team members) in 25 countries. ACTION's prayer target is for 221 additional missionaries to join them in the vital task of world missions, for the glory of God! Our goal is to know God and take action! (Daniel 11:32)
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Central America
- Mérida, Yucatan Peninsula
Outreach will be done in Mayan villages within a one hour drive of Mérida.
- Start date
- Customizable: Jan-Dec 2018
- 1 week to 4 weeks
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- Mayan Indian unbelievers, ministry leaders, missionaries, local Mexican children in schools in Merida
- People Group(s)
- Mayan Indians living in the villages in Yucatan Peninsula. Other Mexican nationals living in Mérida.
- Roman Catholics who worship the Virgin Mary mixed with Mayan superstitious beliefs
- Funds needed
- Monthly : $1,100 - $1,300 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging, Meals, and Travel to and from location
- Depending on duration of stay.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.