Search 1885 mission trips from 113 mission organizations
Action International Ministries
Action International Ministries (ACTION) is a global mission agency committed to sending multi-national missionaries who treasure Jesus Christ and minister His Gospel in word and deed, primarily to the poor. Our three-prong strategy for urban ministry can be defined under three headings: evangelism, discipleship, and development. The mission currently has over 250 missionaries (and many other team members) in 25 countries. ACTION's prayer target is for 221 additional missionaries to join them in the vital task of world missions, for the glory of God! Our goal is to know God and take action! (Daniel 11:32)
Action International Ministries is a global mission society committed to sending multinational missionaries who treasure Jesus Christ above all else and minister His gospel in word and deed, primarily to the poor.
As an interdenominational Christian mission, ACTION commits itself to the Great Commission of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20). ACTION cooperates with churches and other Christian organizations to present Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord (evangelism); assists Christians in their submission to Christ and their growth in His Body (discipleship and church strengthening); and ministers in the name of Christ to the whole person, especially the poor, as in Matthew 25:31-46 (development and sustainability).
ACTION recruits and nurtures the growth of committed followers of our Lord Jesus Christ without regard to race, gender, ethnicity or nationality. Our goal is to provide our workers with opportunities to grow in their work and participation in the Great Commission. We encourage the constant exchange of ideas among them, and we maintain a general open-door policy. We recognize the importance of each individual in the success of the entire Mission. We expect that ACTION personnel will be known for their commitment to Jesus Christ, godly character and competence.
Among other equally biblical truths, we believe the following:
ACTION doctrinal Statement
1. The Bible, the Word of God; in its divine verbal, plenary inspiration; and in its inerrancy and infallibility in the original languages; and in its supreme and final authority in faith and life (II Tim. 3:16; II Pet.1:20-21).
2. One God, eternally existing in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; I Cor.13:14).
3. The Lord Jesus Christ:
His essential, absolute and eternal deity (Phil. 2:6; John 1:4, 14; Heb. 1:8);
His true and sinless humanity (I Pet. 2:22; I John 3:5);
His virgin birth (Isa. 7:14; Matt. 1:20);
His substitutionary, propitiatory death (Matt. 20:28; Mark 1:45; ITim.2:6);
His bodily resurrection (John 20:19,20);
His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19; Luke 24:51); and
His personal, visible and bodily coming again with power and great glory (Titus 2:13;John14:2,3; Rev. 19:11-16).
4. The Holy Spirit, who shows the redeeming purpose of God to the world by convicting the world of sin, of righteousness and judgment (John 16:7-11), and regenerating (Titus 3:5), uniting to Christ (I Cor. 12:13), indwelling (Eph. 1:13; 5:18), sanctifying (Gal. 5:16; I Cor. 6:11), illuminating (John 16:13) and empowering for service (I Cor. 12:4-11), all who place complete faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (Gal. 5:5).
5. The total depravity of man because of the fall (Gen. 3:10-24).
6. Salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ apart from works (Eph. 2:8).
7. The everlasting bliss of the saved and the eternal suffering of the lost (Dan. 12:2; Luke 16:24-26; John 5:28; Rev. 20:14).
8. The real spiritual unity in Christ of all redeemed by His precious blood (ICor.12:13; Eph 1:4-6; 4:11-15; 5:25,26)
9. The necessity of maintaining, according to the Word of God, the purity of the church in doctrine and life (I Cor. 6:19,20; I Thess.4:3).