Search 1771 mission trips from 122 mission organizations
College/HS Groups Make Jesus Real to Children & Disadvantaged in NYC
Priority 1 Ministries
United States, Northern America
Customizable: Jan-Jun or Aug-Dec 2018
Lasts between Up to 2 weeks
Education: All Other, Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, Inner City/Urban Ministry, and Service Projects & Helps
*see notes below or inquire for details
Do you want your school break to be a life-changing mission, not a vacation? Come help us impact the lives of inner-city children & the disadvantaged of NYC!Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
Dates can be adapted to whichever weeks fit with your school schedule. Your school group will be housed in Priority 1 facilities, located in the Bronx, NY. Each one of you will be stretched and challenged as you serve with established inner-city churches/ministries like a "love" kitchen or food pantry; help with an after-school program; participate in the "AmazinGRace" prayer walk/intentional sight-seeing; worship in an inner-city church; and, hear from people involved in inner-city ministry. You will make an eternal difference in the lives of people (especially children) in New York City and your own life will be deeply impacted as you experience the needs of the inner-city!! You won't be a tourist, you'll be a resident. You will be able to enjoy the sights, but even more, you will experience New York City in a very practical and real way! Inter-generational teams welcomed!
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
School Break Encounter groups serve with established churches and/or inner-city ministries who will provide follow-up for those whose lives have been touched by your ministry.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
Jr. High, Sr. High, College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Groups [max size 15] and Married Couples
No specific training or prior experience necessary; come with a heart ready to serve others and open to be challenged
English; Spanish a plus but not required.
We ask that participants have a personal relationship with the Lord. We are excited to have groups from your church, youth group, school, etc to serve as a group that you have organized. We do not place individuals in groups, we accept only groups you form yourself.
Mission Trip Offered By Priority 1 Ministries
Short-term urban and international cross-cultural mission trips for youth (individuals and groups), adults, families, retirees; Children's Ministry, Evangelism Outreach, Work Teams, Teaching Teams, Sports Teams, Street and Village Evangelism
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- United States
- Northern America
- School Break Encounter groups experience a variety of ministry opportunities in different areas of New York City.
- Start date
- Customizable: Jan-Jun or Aug-Dec 2018
- Up to 2 weeks
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- Children, Youth, & Adults from every kind of life situation
- People Group(s)
- Multi-cultural groups in New York City
- All the diverse groups with whom teams come in contact in NYC
- Funds needed
- *see notes below or inquire for details
- Cost covers all programming and ministry opportunities: $160 for 3-day weekend prorated for up to $315 for full break time frame per person; all participants can raise support; supporters receive tax-deductible receipt; each team member will also need up to $32 for unlimited bus/subway pass and money for 1 meal purchased downtown during the "AmazinGRace"; plenty of on-street parking at no charge; your team minimum is 5 participants to maximum of 15.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Your team will have special sessions during orientation and throughout the trip. There will be a time of Debrief prior to returning home.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- Your school can be impacted as your group returns with hearts changed forever because the lives you touched in New York City will help you see through different eyes!!