Search 1771 mission trips from 122 mission organizations
Dorm Assistant at MK school in Thailand
Thailand, Southeastern Asia
Customizable: Jan, Jun or Aug 2018
Lasts between 6 months to 1 year
Administration & Leadership
Education: MK School, Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, Hospitality & Cooking, and Missionary Support/Care
*see notes below or inquire for details
Assist Hostel (Student Dorm) Ministry Team in ChiangMai. Help organize activities and social events, cooking, shopping, team meetings, devotions and discussions with teens.Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
Grace International School was established primarily for providing quality education for missionaries children from all over S.E. Asia. It is a school for multiple mission agencies and is located in Chiangmai, Thailand. There is a need for people to care for the WEC children attending Grace as boarding students.
The role is primarily a support role assisting the hostel parents, in the context of a Hostel Ministry Team, with whatever is required. A large part of the role is to provide cover for the hostel parents so that they can have time off or time away from the hostel work when required. This may include providing cover for example for: breakfasts shifts, afternoons, evenings, whole days or even the occasional weekends. Therefore, the Hostel Assistant will be expected to: provide cover for the hostel parents to have time off away from the hostel work - Help to organize activities and social events - Cook some meals, doing dishes, assisting with supermarket shopping - Be available to the teenagers and to build relationships with them - Participate in team meetings - Help to lead devotions, discussions with the teenagers and other hostel activities.
This is a challenging but rewarding ministry of building into the children's lives by offering a caring home environment for them.
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals, Married Couples, and Families
Experience of working with teenagers would be valuable. The applicant should be aged 20-30, and come for an academic year, to work with 10-14 teenagers (aged 13-18 yrs).
If applying from a country other than the USA, please go to wectrek.org and find the sending country nearest you.
Mission Trip Offered By WEC International
Phone: 888-646-6202 x6621
WEC International is an international (members from 55+ nationalities), interdenominational mission agency. WEC is one of the ten largest church planting mission agencies in the world. WEC endeavours to bring the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to the remaining unevangelized peoples with the utmost urgency. WECers plant churches in many countries around the world with locations in Africa, Asia, North Africa, Central Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and South Pacific. To find out more about WEC International in the USA visit www.wec-usa.org WEC USA has 3 short term programs: Discovery (individuals or teams that go out up to 3 months; WEC Trek (individuals that go from 3 months - 12 months) and WEC Core (individuals that go for 2 years). If you are looking to apply from another country please check wectrek.org for the sending base in your country.
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Southeastern Asia
- Start date
- Customizable: Jan, Jun or Aug 2018
- 6 months to 1 year
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- School children from missionary families
- People Group(s)
- They are missionaries' kids from several different cultures and backgrounds. They attend a non-residential International School and stay in our new purpose-built hostel during term time.
- Funds needed
- *see notes below or inquire for details
- Costs of WEC Trek trips are not fixed due to the flexibility we offer. Costs will depend on where you want to go, how long you want to stay and airfare costs.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Pre-Field Training through activities and reading guided by a pre-field manual followed by a 1 week orientation training at the WEC HQ near Philadelphia, PA. Debriefing for 3 days immediately on return of the trip at the WEC HQ. If applying from a country other than the USA, please go to wectrek.org and find the sending country nearest you.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- More information about WEC Trek, the short-term ministry of WEC International,can be found on our web page www.wectrek.org Click on the Trek program closest to your location. Other opportunities in the 10/40 window, not listed here, are also available on our web page.