Search 1391 mission trips from 120 mission organizations
Costa Rica Mission Opportunity
Costa Rica, Central America
Approx: Jul or Aug 2018
Lasts between 1 week to 2 months
Art, Drama, Music & Puppets
Construction, Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, Sports & Outdoor, and VBS/Bible Clubs
Total : $1,000 - $1,500 (US)
Includes: Lodging and Meals
Interested to see your skills in the Spanish language put to the test and develop while you aid churches in reaching their communities with the gospel?Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
As you read the book of Hebrews, it is interesting to note how the writer directs our attention back to several things:
First, God has given us a great gift in His Word which testifies to His faithfulness and gives us confidence that all God's promises are kept and allow us to place our trust in them as if they are already fully met. Second, the writer continually points out to us the supremacy of Jesus Christ so that we would appreciate even more the types and shadows of the Old Testament and their fulfillment in Christ, our Saviour. Third, by the time you get to chapter 12 we see God explain to us the purpose of His disciplining those He loves and what is the fruit He desires to see in His Church. Fourth, by chapter 13 we see the great gift of God in the godly leaders He provides His church. These godly leaders are those who faithfully proclaim the Word of God to His people, those whose lives unto the end are focused on and trusting in Christ alone. With this in mind, RP Missions seeks to provide you with opportunities to serve Christ through His churches around the world and to benefit from working alongside some faithful servants who are seeking to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. I hope you will consider lending a hand on this mission. Below you will find a short description of this upcoming trip.
The Summer of 2018 will be the eleventh year that we have sent a team to work with this Cartago congregation. Team members can expect to keep busy as they share the gospel around the town, help lead Holiday Bible Clubs (VBS), distribute pamphlets, survey local communities, and are involved in the day to day life of the Church. Those who would participate on this team need to be prepared to labor tirelessly. The team will get to know this congregation and much will be expected of each team member. But the efforts invested will come back to you many times greater as you learn how the gifts God has given you might be incorporated into the body of Christ. Much of the team's time will be spent mentoring and discipling children from the local schools, congregation, and community.
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
This team will work shoulder to shoulder with this small church to reach the areas around Cartago with the gospel and the mission participants can rest assured that the host congregation will follow-up with new contacts made by the team to see people drawn into the church and discipled.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
Eligible to Go
Individuals and Groups [max size 12]
Some college education preferred but not required
Team members should be conversant in Spanish and prepared to use their language skills to make new contacts in Cartago and the surrounding areas.
All opportunities with RP Missions are open to young people from all Bible believing denominations. Our mission efforts are carried out from an historic reformed and Biblical perspective.
Mission Trip Offered By RP Missions
RP Missions seeks to provide opportunities for God's people to serve Christ through short-term efforts partnering with established congregations and mission stations. Our primary tasks are to Serve Christ and His Church, Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, and Disciple the Nations. Our trips are primarily aimed at young people (Sr. High through College) but do consider groups who would like to get acquainted with missionary service. We desire to see Christian men and women grow in their confidence to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and to grow in service to Christ and His Church. You will enjoy working alongside pastors, elders, deacons, missionaries and other church workers that can inspire you with their vision and aid you in discovering the tools that God has been pleased to give you through regular study of His Word and the investment of your parents and local church. If you have an overwhelming desire to serve Christ, to reach the "lost" with the good news of Jesus Christ, and if you are eager to get to know brothers and sisters in Christ from across His kingdom, we hope you will consider applying for an RP Missions trip! Our mission efforts are open to young people from the United States and Canada.
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Costa Rica
- Central America
- Cartago, Costa Rica
- Start date
- Approx: Jul or Aug 2018
- 1 week to 2 months
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- children, teens, and adults
- People Group(s)
- Among the youth, there is minimal understanding of the gospel. Some of the adults we will be working with have some knowledge of reformed theology while others are unchurched.
- Funds needed
- Total : $1,000 - $1,500 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging and Meals
- Team members are responsible for their travel to Costa Rica, passports, and fund-raising costs. The funds raised will be used to cover the costs of housing, food, local travel, emergency medical insurance, necessary background checks, gift for the host pastor/church and ministry materials. An applicant participating for two weeks would have a mission cost of $1000 plus travel, if the participant applies for the four week option, then the price is only $1500 plus travel
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- The team will study the culture of Costa Rica, explore the biblical motive and aim of missions, study the Spanish language to better prepare to speak of theological concepts, and prepare lessons for outreach efforts in advance of their arrival. RP Missions also provides weekly pre-field training via online meetings for our participants to gain insights into how Christ has commanded Missions to be undertaken in His Word, and to learn more about the present ministries being undertaken by the host congregations. Following the mission trip and after the participants have had some time to process what God has taught them through their mission experience, we will arrange an online meeting with the participants to review the lessons learned and to talk through ways we might improve upon each mission effort.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- This mission trip will accept applications until full. So reserve your place today on this exciting mission trip to Costa Rica!