Search 1343 mission trips from 95 mission organizations
Karamoja, Uganda Mission
Uganda, Eastern Africa
Approx: May-Jul 2020
Lasts between 3 weeks to 2 months
Bible Studies & Small Groups
Discipleship, Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, Medical/Healthcare, and Service Projects & Helps
Total : $1,800 - $2,500 (US)
Includes: Lodging and Meals
This team will be working with missionaries in the Karamoja region of Uganda.Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
RP Missions is looking for individuals who have a knowledge and love of God's Word and an understanding Reformed Theology to come alongside a mission to the Karamojong people in Karamoja, Uganda. Our aim is to serve rather than be served.
Located in the Northeastern region of Uganda, Karamoja is always in need of helping hands and willing hearts. RP Missions has enjoyed partnering with our brothers and sisters from the Orthodox Presbyterian Uganda Mission, which has been laboring in Karamoja since 2000. The goal of the OPUM is to establish an indigenous church, one that is self-sustaining and self-governing. The missionaries desire that the community within Karamoja might have an opportunity to hear God’s word proclaimed and be inspired to share Christ’s love with friends and neighbors.
On this mission trip, you will have the opportunity to assist the OPUM in several of their outreach missions. Some of their current missions include:
• Ministry of the Word: Bible studies are taught in the village on most afternoons. Translations are ongoing for vital documents of church doctrine and training, and they have church on Sunday in preaching centers at Akuyam and Nakasien.
• Akisyon a Yesu Presbyterian Clinic: The Compassion of Jesus Clinic exists to deliver quality medical care in the name and for the glory of Jesus. AYPC has helped thousands of patients, as well as taught villagers about basic hygiene, recent epidemics, common diseases and other health concerns.
• Karamoja Education Outreach: OPUM opened KEO nursery school for local children to gain basic literary and numeracy skills in their own language. The education has enabled children to better understand what is happening in the world around them and learn in the primary (elementary) schools.
• Diaconal and Farm Project: This project attempts to address the needs of the community (of which food is a constant concern) by cultivating fields and creating work for the Karamoja people. They teach sustainable farming techniques, introduce new crops, and provide aid to those in need.
Considered a high-risk area, Karamoja is not for the faint of heart; we ask that team members have previous cross-cultural mission experience and demonstrate great maturity in the faith. However, a 1-3 month stay in Karamoja is definitely an experience of a life-time, and you will be blessed beyond imagining by the people you meet and the work God has given us to do in these villages.
Please prayerfully consider assisting the mission field in Karamoja this year. For more information, click the link to your left and read more about this amazing short-term mission.
The cost of the trip listed on our website does not include international airfare, but does cover all travel in Uganda, housing, food, outreach materials, emergency medical and evacuation insurance, and supplies for fundraising. If you have questions about the next steps in applying, finding out what inoculations are needed, please feel free to call or email me.
I look forward to hearing from you and hope we might be able to serve you!
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
All RP Missions teams work alongside existing congregations/missionaries on site. This ensures that proper follow-up will be made with those whom the team contacts even after they return home.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals, Groups [max size 10], and Married Couples
Some college education preferred but not required
All mission efforts with RP Missions are open to individuals who manifest a "servant's heart", love God's Word, and are knowledgeable and appreciate Reformed Theology as found in the Westminster Confession of Faith. Participants can expect to witness this mission carried out from an historic reformed and Biblical perspective.
Mission Trip Offered By RP Missions
RP Missions seeks to provide opportunities for God's people to serve Christ through short-term efforts partnering with established congregations and mission stations. Our primary tasks are to Serve Christ and His Church, Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, and Disciple the Nations. Our trips are primarily aimed at young people (Sr. High through College) but do consider groups who would like to get acquainted with missionary service. We desire to see Christian men and women grow in their confidence to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and to grow in service to Christ and His Church. You will enjoy working alongside pastors, elders, deacons, missionaries and other church workers that can inspire you with their vision and aid you in discovering the tools that God has been pleased to give you through regular study of His Word and the investment of your parents and local church. If you have an overwhelming desire to serve Christ, to reach the "lost" with the good news of Jesus Christ, and if you are eager to get to know brothers and sisters in Christ from across His kingdom, we hope you will consider applying for an RP Missions trip! Our mission efforts are open to young people from the United States and Canada.
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Eastern Africa
- team may work in Entebbe, Mbale, and/or Karamoja
- Start date
- Approx: May-Jul 2020
- 3 weeks to 2 months
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- children and adults in the community and surrounding villages
- People Group(s)
- Most would come from a Christian or Animist background, those in the congregation would come from a Reformed background. Uganda is a country that has great need for the gospel. There are still active conflicts in this area of Uganda and one should prayerfully consider whether this is a place that God would have them serve and that it is worth the risks.
- Funds needed
- Total : $1,800 - $2,500 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging and Meals
- Participants are responsible for arranging travel into Entebbe (EBB) airport, securing their passport, and visas. Participants will also need to cover the cost of needed innoculations for this trip and all participants should anticipate contracting Malaria during this trip (though the missionary clinic is quick to treat and cure Malaria.) The estimated cost is based upon the length of the mission you are chosen to serve.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Team members will attend weekly online meetings to discuss assigned readings, explore the practical implications of the Great Commission, and learn more about the challenges and opportunities facing Christ's churches in Uganda. Following the mission, participants will each write a reflection paper about the lessons they learned and how they intend to implement what they learned when they return home.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- This trip is limited to as many as six women and up to three men due to housing capabilities at the mission compound.