Search 1343 mission trips from 95 mission organizations
You can impact lives with Jesus' love in NYC
Priority 1 Ministries
United States, Northern America
Customizable: Jan-Dec 2019
Lasts between Up to 5 months
Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, Inner City/Urban Ministry, Relief & Aid Distribution, and VBS/Bible Clubs
*see notes below or inquire for details
Want to be part of a life-changing adventure? You will experience missions as never before - impact lives with Jesus' love in NYC! Come make a difference!Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
Stop watching reality TV, live it instead! Let your "vacation" be life-changing for others but also for YOU! Groups (5 or more, including families) apply for Urban Outreach (1 week in summer) or Urban Encounters (weekends/school breaks): your group will be stretched and challenged as you serve with established inner-city churches/ministries like a "love" kitchen or food bank; build relationships working with children in parks or playgrounds (summer), or in an after-school program (school year); provide meals for the homeless and disadvantaged; do outreach with a book table; participate in a prayer walk; worship in an inner-city church; and, hear from people involved in inner-city ministry.
Summer internships (late June - early August); includes working with youth groups & their leaders, serving with different inner-city ministries; and leading children's Bible clubs in parks and playgrounds. This is a great opportunity to develop your leadership skills.
The hearts of interns and group participants will be touched as you touch lives in New York City!! You won't be a tourist, although you will be able to enjoy the sights, instead you will experience New York City in a very real way!
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
Groups serve for a week, an extended weekend or during school breaks; groups will serve with established churches and/or inner-city ministries who provide follow-up for those whose lives have been touched by your ministry.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
Sr. High, College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals, Groups [max size 15], Married Couples, and Families
No specific education, training or prior experience necessary - just a heart to serve!
English; Spanish a plus but not required.
Personal relationship with Jesus Christ is important for all group participants. We are excited to have groups from your church, youth group, school, etc to serve as a group that you have organized. We do not place individuals in groups, we accept only groups you form yourself.
Mission Trip Offered By Priority 1 Ministries
Short-term urban and international cross-cultural mission trips for youth (individuals and groups), adults, families, retirees; Children's Ministry, Evangelism Outreach, Work Teams, Teaching Teams, Sports Teams, Street and Village Evangelism
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- United States
- Northern America
- Encounter groups and interns experience a wide variety of different types of ministry throughout New York City. The only opportunity for individuals is as a summer intern.
- Start date
- Customizable: Jan-Dec 2019
- Up to 5 months
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- Disadvantaged children, youth, & adults from every kind of life situation
- People Group(s)
- Multi-cultural groups in New York City
- All the diverse groups with whom teams come in contact in NYC
- Funds needed
- *see notes below or inquire for details
- Also covers all programming and ministry opportunities; Urban Outreach weeks (summer) - $350 per person (summer, full week) or $175 per person (weekends when available); Encounter weeks during Fall, Winter, Spring (i.e. school break groups $325 per person plus subway/bus pass - $32); Encounter 3 or 4-day weekends - $175; 2-month summer internship - $750. All participants are able to raise support, donations are tax-deductible.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Upon arrival in NYC there will be a time of orientation and a time of Debrief prior to returning home.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- Your heart will be changed forever because the lives you impact in New York City will help you see the world through the eyes of Jesus!!