Search 1774 mission trips from 122 mission organizations
Christian College Groups Making Jesus Real to Children, Youth & Adults in NYC For Spring Break
Priority 1 Ministries
United States, Northern America
Customizable: Jan-Jun or Aug-Dec 2018
Lasts between Up to 2 weeks
Education: All Other
Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, Inner City/Urban Ministry, Relief & Aid Distribution, and Service Projects & Helps
*see notes below or inquire for details
Want a school break that's not about you, but about others? Come impact the lives of children and the needy in NYC - your heart will be challenged, too!Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
Dates can be adapted to whichever week fits with your school breaks (not only Spring Break). Your group (of 5-15) will be housed at the Priority 1 facility, located in the Bronx, NY. All of you will be stretched and challenged as you serve with established inner-city churches/ministries like a "love" kitchen or food pantry; help with an after-school program; assist with sorting and packing donated goods to be distributed to the needy; explore the city through the "AmazinGRace" prayer walk/intentional sight-seeing; worship with an inner-city church; and, hear from people involved in inner-city ministry. You will make an eternal difference in the lives of people (especially children) in New York City and your own life will be deeply impacted as you experience the needs of the inner-city!! You won't be a tourist, you'll be here as a resident. Your team will be able to enjoy the sights, but even more, you will experience New York City in a very practical and real way!
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
School Break Encounter groups serve for one week or partial week with established churches and/or inner-city ministries who will provide follow-up for those whose lives have been touched by your ministry.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
College and Adult
Eligible to Go
Groups [max size 15], Married Couples, and Families
Post-High-School age young adults and older (can be inter-generational) - no specific training or prior experience necessary
English; Spanish a plus but not required.
Personal relationship with Jesus Christ is important for all group participants. We are excited to have groups from your church, youth group, school, etc to serve as a group that you have organized. We do not place individuals in groups, we accept only groups you form yourself.
Mission Trip Offered By Priority 1 Ministries
Short-term urban and international cross-cultural mission trips for youth (individuals and groups), adults, families, retirees; Children's Ministry, Evangelism Outreach, Work Teams, Teaching Teams, Sports Teams, Street and Village Evangelism
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- United States
- Northern America
- College Break Encounter groups experience a variety of ministry opportunities in different areas of New York City.
- Start date
- Customizable: Jan-Jun or Aug-Dec 2018
- Up to 2 weeks
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- Children, Youth, & Adults from every kind of life situation
- People Group(s)
- Multi-cultural groups in New York City
- All the diverse groups with whom teams come in contact in NYC
- Funds needed
- *see notes below or inquire for details
- Cost covers all programming and ministry opportunities; $160 for 3-day weekend Encounter prorated up to $315 per person (full break) - can raise support; supporters receive tax-deductible receipt. Enlist a team of at least 5 and up to 15, your school may already have a department to help you put a team together. Group will also need $32 for unlimited 7-day subway/bus pass; and plan to purchase one meal downtown during AmazinGRace. There is plenty of on-street parking in very friendly, relatively quiet neighborhood.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Pre-field training from speakers during orientation and throughout the trip. There will also be a time of Debrief prior to returning home.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- Your school can be impacted as your group returns with hearts changed forever because the lives you touched in New York City will help you see through different eyes!!