Search 1774 mission trips from 122 mission organizations
Children & Needy Impacted by Encounter Groups in NYC
Priority 1 Ministries
United States, Northern America
Customizable: Feb-Jun or Aug-Dec 2018
Lasts between Up to 2 weeks
Education: All Other
Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, Inner City/Urban Ministry, Prayer/Intercession, and Service Projects & Helps
*see notes below or inquire for details
Want to bring Jesus' love and hope to the nations? Come help us impact lives in NYC - your own faith will grow and your heart will be challenged as you serve others!Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
Your team/families will have a time of orientation upon arrival at the housing facilities located in the Bronx, NY. You will serve with established churches/ministries throughout New York City serving in a soup kitchen or food pantry; assist with an after-school program; volunteer at a World Vision Storehouse; help feed and clothe homeless; and participate in a prayer walk (as you do a little sight-seeing). The hearts of your group will be touched as they impact lives in the inner-city.
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
Urban Encounter teams serve with established churches and/or inner-city ministries who will provide follow-up for those whose lives have been touched by your ministry.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
Jr. High, Sr. High, College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Groups [max size 15], Married Couples, and Families
No specific training or prior experience necessary
English; Spanish is a plus but not required
Personal relationship with Jesus Christ is important for all group participants. We are excited to have groups from your church, youth group, school, etc to serve as a group that you have organized. We do not place individuals in groups, we accept only groups you form yourself.
Mission Trip Offered By Priority 1 Ministries
Short-term urban and international cross-cultural mission trips for youth (individuals and groups), adults, families, retirees; Children's Ministry, Evangelism Outreach, Work Teams, Teaching Teams, Sports Teams, Street and Village Evangelism
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- United States
- Northern America
- Start date
- Customizable: Feb-Jun or Aug-Dec 2018
- Up to 2 weeks
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- Children through adults from every kind of life situation
- People Group(s)
- Multi-cultural groups in New York City
- All the diverse groups with whom teams come in contact in NYC
- Funds needed
- *see notes below or inquire for details
- Cost is $160 per person for weekend Encounters; $315 for 5-7 day School Break Encounters - which covers all lodging, training, ministry materials, meals (except one purchased during prayer walk); team members will also need money for subway/bus passes (max. $32) and one meal downtown during the "AmazinGRace" prayer walk/intentional sight-seeing.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- There will be a time of orientation upon arrival and a time of Debrief prior to returning home.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- Sharing Christ with children and the needy in NYC will not only impact their lives but will also be a life-changing adventure for your group which can, in turn, impact the ministries of your church or organization.