Search 1629 mission trips from 84 mission organizations
Share Jesus' Love with Children & Homeless in NYC
Priority 1 Ministries
United States, Northern America
June 28 to August 1, 2020
Lasts between 1 week to 2 weeks
Art, Drama, Music & Puppets
Evangelism: Open Air/Street, Inner City/Urban Ministry, Relief & Aid Distribution, and VBS/Bible Clubs
*see notes below or inquire for details
Want your youth, family, or adult group to have a life-changing summer impacting the lives of children and homeless people in NYC? Contact us for more information.Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
Teams will receive training prior to arrival at the Priority 1 facilities, located in the Bronx, NY. Teams will serve with established churches/ministries throughout New York City conducting children's Bible clubs in parks and playgrounds. Your group will be stretched, challenged, and grow spiritually as they touch lives in the inner-city. There will also be opportunities to serve homeless people at a soup kitchen or food bank; participate in a Prayer Walk; and serve the needy in a variety of different ways.
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
Urban Outreach teams serve with established churches and/or inner-city ministries who will provide follow-up for those whose lives have been touched by your ministry.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
Sr. High, College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Groups [max size 25], Married Couples, and Families
No specific training or prior experience necessary; Priority 1 will provide training with your team prior to your arrival in NYC.
English, Spanish is helpful but not required.
Personal born-again salvation experience required of all group participants; each one must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ (be a Christ-follower)
Mission Trip Offered By Priority 1 Ministries
Short-term urban and international cross-cultural mission trips for youth (individuals and groups), adults, families, retirees; Children's Ministry, Evangelism Outreach, Work Teams, Teaching Teams, Sports Teams, Street and Village Evangelism
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- United States
- Northern America
- Your team can have the option to help conduct a VBS-type Kid's club in a neighborhood park or playground. Scheduling is flexible if your team would prefer other types of ministry/service opportunities.
- June 28 to August 1, 2020
- 1 week to 2 weeks
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- Children & adults from every kind of life situation
- People Group(s)
- Multi-cultural groups in New York City
- Your team will encounter people (especially children) representing almost every different ethnic group and religion
- Funds needed
- *see notes below or inquire for details
- Cost is $350 per person: covers all lodging, meals (except one meal purchased by team members during sight-seeing), ministry materials, and training. Team members will also need $34 for unlimited week-long subway/bus pass (your group will arrive Sunday afternoon & return home Friday midday). Youth leaders are free to focus on their team instead of using their energy to plan.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Training and preparation for your team will be provided through Priority 1 Children's Ministry Coordinator. There will be a time of orientation upon arrival and a time of Debrief prior to returning home.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- Sharing Christ with children will not only impact the lives of the children of NYC but will also touch the hearts of your team which can, in turn, impact your families, home churches, and communities.