Search 1672 mission trips from 108 mission organizations
Africa - Teaching Computer Skills in Chad
Chad, Western Africa
Customizable: Feb, May, Jun or Sep 2019
Lasts between 3 months to 1 year
Education: All Other, Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, and Visitation & Encouragement
*see notes below or inquire for details
Computers are the way of the future in many developing countries and Chad is no different. Join our team as they seek to teach computer skills to the Chadian people.Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
It is our desire is to offer classes for Chadians who wish to learn how to better use a computer. This would include teaching basic software and email programs. We have a well-equipped IT room and, with your help, we are ready to put it to good use!
Though we keep a low profile at our Learning Center, there are usually opportunities to share the Hope we have with our students, whether in or out of class. Check out our video about our work in Chad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlK7YthiCVA&feature=youtu.be
Computer teachers will need to provide or develop a curriculum or basic plan for teaching. Students will be mostly men, both Muslim and non-Muslim. There will be lots of opportunities to connect with the students because of small classes of 10 students or less!
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
Contributing to Church Planting Effort
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals, Married Couples, and Families
Qualifications: Being part of the WEC team, they will be expected to be an integral part of the team with the goal of planting a mature, expanding church among the Eastern peoples of Chad.
If applying from a country other than the USA please go to wectrek.org and find the sending country nearest you.
Knowing French and/or Arabic is necessary. Teachers who stay for several months or more will be expected to learn some Chadian Arabic in Chad.
Mission Trip Offered By WEC International
Phone: 888-646-6202 x6621
WEC International is an international (members from 55+ nationalities), interdenominational mission agency. WEC is one of the ten largest church planting mission agencies in the world. WEC endeavours to bring the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to the remaining unevangelized peoples with the utmost urgency. WECers plant churches in many countries around the world with locations in Africa, Asia, North Africa, Central Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and South Pacific. To find out more about WEC International in the USA visit www.wec-usa.org WEC USA has 3 short term programs: Discovery (individuals or teams that go out up to 3 months; WEC Trek (individuals that go from 3 months - 12 months) and WEC Core (individuals that go for 2 years). If you are looking to apply from another country please check wectrek.org for the sending base in your country.
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Western Africa
- Abeche and Guerada.
- Start date
- Customizable: Feb, May, Jun or Sep 2019
- 3 months to 1 year
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- People Group(s)
- Funds needed
- *see notes below or inquire for details
- Costs of WEC Trek trips are not fixed due to the flexibility we offer. Costs will depend on where you want to go, how long you want to stay and airfare costs.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Pre-Field Training through activities and reading guided by a pre-field manual followed by a 1 week orientation training at the WEC HQ near Philadelphia, PA. Debriefing for 3 days immediately on return of the trip at the WEC HQ. If applying from a country other than the USA please go to wectrek.org and find the sending country nearest you.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- More information about WEC Trek, the short-term ministry of WEC International, can be found on our web page www.wectrek.org Click on the Trek program closest to your location. Other opportunities in the 10/40 window, not listed here, are also available on our web page.