Search 1343 mission trips from 95 mission organizations
Caterer/cook in New Zealand
New Zealand, Oceania
Customizable: Jan or Jun 2020
Lasts between 6 months to 2 years
Hospitality & Cooking
*see notes below or inquire for details
Cook or catering in New Zealand at the WEC Headquarters near Hamilton on the north Island.Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
A cook, either permanent or short-term, is needed for the New Zealand Headquarters kitchen. The duties includes
managing the kitchen of WEC’s headquarters, catering meals for up to 30 people during mission orientation programs (March-May and August-October), and providing refreshments for conferences. This would suit a person with an interest in cross-cultural ministry and a heart for people.
Be part of the HQ staff team based at Gordonton near Hamilton. On-site accommodation is available. There is an MTC (Missionary Training Center) on the same site and staff and students live on the campus permitting close fellowship. The school is not monastic, but staff and students share meals together and work at manual projects on the property.
Must be between 18 and 30 years old for visa reasons.
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
The students are trained in evangelism and are involved with ministry in local churches. The aim of the New Zealand MTC is to provide the best possible holistic training for long-term cross-cultural missionary service. The sending branch is focused on reaching people, planting churches, and mobilizing for mission.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
College and Adult
Eligible to Go
Individuals and Married Couples
Experience cooking. Must be between 18 and 30 years old for visa reasons.
If applying from a country other than the USA please go to wectrek.org and find the sending country nearest you.
Mission Trip Offered By WEC International
Phone: 888-646-6202 x6621
WEC International is an international (members from 55+ nationalities), interdenominational mission agency. WEC is one of the ten largest church planting mission agencies in the world. WEC endeavours to bring the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to the remaining unevangelized peoples with the utmost urgency. WECers plant churches in many countries around the world with locations in Africa, Asia, North Africa, Central Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and South Pacific. To find out more about WEC International in the USA visit www.wec-usa.org WEC USA has 3 short term programs: Discovery (individuals or teams that go out up to 3 months; WEC Trek (individuals that go from 3 months - 12 months) and WEC Core (individuals that go for 2 years). If you are looking to apply from another country please check wectrek.org for the sending base in your country.
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- New Zealand
- Start date
- Customizable: Jan or Jun 2020
- 6 months to 2 years
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- staff and students
- People Group(s)
- mostly New Zealanders
- Christians preparing for ministry
- Funds needed
- *see notes below or inquire for details
- Costs of WEC Trek trips are not fixed due to the flexibility we offer. Costs will depend on where you want to go, how long you want to stay and airfare costs.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Pre-Field Training through activities and reading guided by a pre-field manual followed by a 1 week orientation training at the WEC HQ near Philadelphia, PA. Debriefing for 3 days immediately on return of the trip at the WEC HQ. If applying from a country other than the USA please go to wectrek.org and find the sending country nearest you.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- More information about WEC Trek, the short-term ministry of WEC International,can be found on our web page www.wectrek.org Click on the Trek program closest to your location. Other opportunities in the 10/40 window, not listed here, are also available on our web page.