Search 1501 mission trips from 84 mission organizations
Africa - General Nurse â The Gambia, Sibanor
Gambia, Western Africa
Customizable: Jan, May, Jun or Sep 2020
Lasts between 6 months to 2 years
*see notes below or inquire for details
"Reaching out together in word and deed to share Godâs love in The Gambia!" is the key verse for our group looking for - Qualified Nurses to Work in a Clinic in the Gambia, AfricaInquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
Join a rural hospital team as a registered nurse, providing primary health care services to the local community, under the management of the national church. Work includes antenatal, maternity, paediatric and adult medical care in Sibanor. Work as a general nurse mainly on the ward, but also be involved in the dressing room, managing the clinic stores and administrative roles. Develop local language skills, build relationships with the church's Muslim staff, and be involved in discipleship activities in the community alongside the Gambian church.
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
WEC works closely with the Gambian church and church members to take opportunities to preach to patients, pray with them and show the Jesus film on the ward.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals and Married Couples
Registered nurse, with at least 2 years of post-qualification experience. Bring experience in non-communicable disease care, or general medicine, or paediatric nursing. Flexibility and a willingness to try new things is vital. It may take up to six months before you feel you are really contributing to the work and making a significant difference, so plan to come for longer.
If applying from a country other than the USA please go to wectrek.org and find the sending country nearest you.
Mandinka or Wolof would be an asset
Mission Trip Offered By WEC International
Phone: 888-646-6202 x6621
WEC International is an international (members from 55+ nationalities), interdenominational mission agency. WEC is one of the ten largest church planting mission agencies in the world. WEC endeavours to bring the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to the remaining unevangelized peoples with the utmost urgency. WECers plant churches in many countries around the world with locations in Africa, Asia, North Africa, Central Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and South Pacific. To find out more about WEC International in the USA visit www.wec-usa.org WEC USA has 3 short term programs: Discovery (individuals or teams that go out up to 3 months; WEC Trek (individuals that go from 3 months - 12 months) and WEC Core (individuals that go for 2 years). If you are looking to apply from another country please check wectrek.org for the sending base in your country.
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Western Africa
- Start date
- Customizable: Jan, May, Jun or Sep 2020
- 6 months to 2 years
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- people with medical needs
- People Group(s)
- Mandinka, Wolof, Jola, Fula
- Funds needed
- *see notes below or inquire for details
- Costs of WEC Trek trips are not fixed due to the flexibility we offer. Costs will depend on where you want to go, how long you want to stay and airfare costs.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Pre-Field Training through activities and reading guided by a pre-field manual followed by a 1 week orientation training at the WEC HQ near Philadelphia, PA. Debriefing for 3 days immediately on return of the trip at the WEC HQ. If applying from a country other than the USA please go to wectrek.org and find the sending country nearest you.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- More information about WEC Trek, the short-term ministry of WEC International,can be found on our web page www.wectrek.org Click on the Trek program closest to your location. Other opportunities in the 10/40 window, not listed here, are also available on our web page.