Search 1343 mission trips from 95 mission organizations
Kenya Help Build an Orphan School & Medical Clinic January 14-26
COMMIT Ministries International
Kenya, Eastern Africa
January 14 - 26, 2020
Lasts between 1 week to 2 weeks
Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, Medical/Healthcare, Orphan Care, and Service Projects & Helps
Total : $2,885 (US)
Includes: Lodging, Meals, and Travel to and from location
We need your help to provide a much-needed dormitory at a rural orphan school and host a community medical camp.Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
YOUR $2885 trip fee includes RT air travel! This opportunity is open to everyone! The team member fee also includes lodging, most meals, ground transportation, medicines for the outreach, a daytime animal Safari, and materials related to the project. Our previous teams helped create six secondary schools in Western Province Kenya and all serve to bring higher education opportunities to a highly impoverished area. You will be part of a team that will help with the on-going, light construction needs to build a new dormitory and host a 2-day primary care medical camp for the community. We get a bit dirty but our needs will gladly take a back seat as we defer to these deserving kids. You will have the opportunity to share in several classrooms about your faith, your family, your home, your career, job or just about any subject you wish. We will visit other secondary schools we have helped to establish among six communities devastated by HIV/AIDS. Play Volleyball too, Basketball, Soccer, and participate in self-defense instruction for the girls. This group will also take part on a day time safari to see the animals at one of the famous Kenya game parks. This is an excellent opportunity to serve Jesus! Experience is not ever required so even if you just wish to play with the children or hold babies, you will be of great help. Everyone is welcome! Once we have completed the mission, the team will debrief in three stages on the last days in Kenya. Pre-field training is included too and on-site orientation as well. And you're certain to fall in love with nearly 1,000 primary students and 600 or more high school students who know all too well that you are personally bringing them the Good News of the Kingdom of God. It is very possible that this service opportunity will change your life!
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
The schools we serve were all begun by local churches and we work in tandem with them to continue to meet higher education needs for their kids.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
Elementary, Jr. High, Sr. High, College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals, Groups [max size 110], Married Couples, and Families
Young people under the age of 18 need to have parental or guardian approval or preferably, be accompanied by a parent. Prefield training is required for participation on any team and will be done by correspondence. A sports and/or self-defense background is a plus as well but not required.
English, but Ki-Swahili is always a plus but not necessary since most Kenyans speak English quite well where we work.
A caring heart is all that is required. Construction experience is always a plus and medical personnel will be used directly during the outreach. if you have medical or special education experience and/or are able to instruct in the areas of sanitation and HIV/AIDS awareness, Aquaponics, Hydroponics, well-drilling or other related areas, please apply; we need you too! Teaching opportunities exist as well. Long-term opportunities are available to our pre-qualified short-termers at the home and schools we serve for up to one year in duration.
Mission Trip Offered By COMMIT Ministries International
COMMIT is a church mobilization ministry assisting local churches through the provision of short-term ministry opportunities, short-term trip training, and the use of focused academics in order to prepare believers to be set apart serve.
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Eastern Africa
- The schools we serve are near the communities of Shivagala in Western Province among the Luhya Tribe. We also serve the communities of Kwirenyi, Shivagala, Musingu, Sigalagala, and Mugomari located near a Natural Rain Forest in the mountains near Kakamega in Western Kenya, north of Lake Victoria and just east of the Uganda border.
- January 14 - 26, 2020
- 1 week to 2 weeks
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- Disabled Children, Teens, Young Adults, and Children
- People Group(s)
- Luo and Luhya Tribes
- Christianity is the predominant religion in Kenya though there is a moderate Islamic influence. The neighboring countries are mostly Muslim.
- Funds needed
- Total : $2,885 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging, Meals, and Travel to and from location
- Your trip fee includes round-trip airfare to Nairobi, Kenya, hotel lodging, ground transportation, lodging and fees for the game park/safari, most meals, medicines for the outreach, and materials cost related to the construction projects. Additional team member costs include a passport, Kenya visa ($50), daily fluids (water, soda, etc), and spending money. We recommend bringing about $250-$350 additional to cover these expenses as well as any gifts you'd like to get before going home. We also require team members to purchase health/travel insurance which costs about $2 or so a day at our site and most other places too.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Pre-field training is provided and the team will spend part of the day to debrief and reflect in Nairobi before returning home.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- Application Deadline
- November 14, 2019
- The team will visit the Equator and participate on a daytime safari at the Nakuru or Nairobi Game Park. The group will debrief before going home.
This is a serving opportunity you will never forget...it will most likely, change your life!