Search 1479 mission trips from 92 mission organizations
Dominican Republic Summer Internship
Casas por Cristo
Dominican Republic, Caribbean
May 9 to August 2, 2020
Lasts between 3 months to 5 months
Administration & Leadership
Adventure/Extreme Ministry, Construction, Evangelism: All Other, and Internship/Study Abroad
Total : $4,000 (US)
Includes: Lodging and Meals
Spend three months facilitating volunteer teams and building homes for impoverished families near Santiago, Dominican Republic while partnering with local pastors to minister to these families.Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
As an intern with Casas por Cristo, you will play a vital role in this ministry and have a life-changing experience. We offer a great program that allows you an opportunity to become involved in mission work, impacting hundreds of lives. You'll work directly with families in need, other interns, and available teams of volunteers as you build partnerships that give families homes and an opportunity to know the love of Jesus in a very real and tangible way.
As an intern, you will spend the first three weeks of your summer doing on-site training. After this, you will be partnered with other interns to build homes and lead available teams through the building process. When available you will be guiding a team through the Casas por Cristo experience - helping them navigate the city they’re in, introducing them to the family they are going to serve, directing them through the building process, and problem solving on the work site. You will also have the opportunity to share your testimony with your teams and other interns as you facilitate their mission's experience. There will be several weeks that you will not be leading a team of volunteers. During those weeks you will be partnering with your fellow interns to build a home for a family. The experiences you will have will be a tremendous opportunity for physical, emotional, and spiritual growth.
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
This is an on going ministry in this cities with three years of ministry presence. We exist to provide a partnership with the global church and the local Guatemalan church to reach out to families and communities in these Mexican cities.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
College and Adult
Eligible to Go
Individuals and Married Couples
We only require that you have been out of high school for one year. No specific education or skills are required for the internship.
English. Spanish in not required but encouraged.
All applicants are required to fill out our application on our website and have three character reference forms submitted by their references. After we have received the application, we will contact the applicant for a phone/video interview. All applicants are will undergo an interview but not all applicants will be hired. Personal and Spiritual maturity play a major factor in whether or not an applicant is hired for a position for the summer.
Mission Trip Offered By Casas por Cristo
Phone: 915-778-0046 x17
We began building homes along the U.S. / México border in 1993, first in Ciudad Juárez. We have since expanded to Ciudad Acuña, México; San Raymundo, Guatemala; and Santiago, Dominican Republic. To date, we have provided over 5,000 families with homes. We are dedicated to meeting the physical need of better housing as a way of also meeting the spiritual need for Jesus Christ.
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Dominican Republic
- We are also located in Juarez and Acuna, Mexico as well as San Raymundo, Guatemala.
- May 9 to August 2, 2020
- 3 months to 5 months
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- Dominican families and volunteer teams.
- People Group(s)
- The people of the Dominican Republic.
- All types.
- Funds needed
- Total : $4,000 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging and Meals
- You are required to raise $4,000 for the internship. This cost goes toward your travel to and from Casas por Cristo, housing, vehicle, the building of homes, and other expenses. $3,000 of the total amount is due by May 1st. We also suggest that you raise or bring an additional $750 dollars for personal expenses.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- We provide two weeks of hands on training and practical experience before an intern is given full responsibility to carry out ministry functions.
There is a one week internship retreat at the end of the internship to talk through and reflect on all that was experienced and seen throughout the summer internship.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- Application Deadline
- April 1, 2020
- We also recommend that you have been on a trip with Casas por Cristo in order to intern. If you apply for the internship but have not been on a trip, we may still hire you but with a contingency that you go on a trip with us before the start of the internship. We will work with you to place you in a trip.