Search 1479 mission trips from 92 mission organizations
For Men Only - Jan. 25 - Feb. 1, 2020
Dominican Republic, Caribbean
January 25 to February 1, 2020
Lasts between 1 week to 2 weeks
Leadership Training, Service Projects & Helps, Sports & Outdoor, and Technical/Professional Skills
Total : $795 (US)
Includes: Lodging and Meals
For men only. Activities include construction, recreation, and study. Teams will serve in Los Asises and Haina. Join us and other men to serve "the least of these" in the Dominican Republic.Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
Proverbs 27:17 says “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another”. This mission trip is for men from the United States and from the Dominican Republic to come together to work, recreate, and study – to become stronger, “sharper” men of God. It is open to individuals, small groups, sports teams, and men’s ministries; it is also a great opportunity for an unforgettable father, son experience.
Re-Vision works through long-term partnerships with local churches in the Dominican Republic. This trip will serve in Los Asises de Sainagua and/or in Haina, both in the San Cristobal province. Size of the team and available resources will guide the final decision.
Participants will serve in several ways:
• Leadership Development Retreat - The team will host an overnight retreat
for men from each of our partner communities teaching leadership
• Vocational Training - The team will work with young men at the Vocational
Training Center in Haina both teaching and joining them in building
furnishings and equipment for partner churches and schools.
• Recreational/Relationship-Building Activities - Corn Hole, Dominos,
• Spiritual Activities - Worship, Discipleship, and Evangelistic Activities
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
Work in Haina is done in partnership with Pastor Julio Cesar and his network of churches - Los Refugios. LoveServes is also a partner in the area. Together, we are planning work in our four key areas: educational, economic, medical, and spiritual.
Work in Los Asises is done in partnership with Pastor Ulises Casanova and his church Juan 3:16. Compassion International is also a partner in the area. Together, we are planning work in our four key areas: educational, economic, medical, and spiritual.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
Elementary, Jr. High, Sr. High, College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals and Groups [max size 100]
No specialized training is required, but it may be used if we have prior knowledge. Those fluent in Spanish are certainly an asset.
Minors must be accompanied by a responsible adult and have minor travel permission signed and notarized.
Mission Trip Offered By Re-Vision, Inc.
Re-Vision, Inc. is a faith-based organization that focuses on establishing and directing long-term partnerships for ministry in communities in the Dominican Republic. Re-Vision ministers in four ways: economically, educationally, medically, and spiritually.
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Dominican Republic
- Haina and Los Asises
San Cristobal Province
- January 25 to February 1, 2020
- 1 week to 2 weeks
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- The entire community through the vocational training. Men through the recreation and discipleship activities.
- People Group(s)
- People impacted by poverty
- The local church in Haina is a member of the Assembly of Christian Churches and the local church in Los Asises is a member of the Evangelical Missionary Church. Trip activities may minister to those of many varied religious backgrounds and belief systems.
- Funds needed
- Total : $795 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging and Meals
- Also includes in-country transportation, translators, travel health insurance, day off activity, t-shirts, and journals. Does not include airfare.
Participants may be asked to help with expenses for construction and other ministry costs.
Registration requires a $100 non-refundable deposit and a completed registration form.
• Balance of fees due by November 24, 2018
• Fees and forms can be mailed to:
PO Box 331620
Murfreesboro, TN 37133
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Resources (written, video, and staff) are made available to organizations for pre-trip training/planning as well as in-trip and post-trip debriefing. Leaders will be provided with pre-trip training materials and recommendations, while participants will be provided a trip journal that also includes some pre-trip activities. Depending on proximity, Re-Vision staff will be available in-person or online to assist with training. Debriefing will be led by Re-Vision staff on the mission field, and materials will be provided for further debriefing once teams arrive at home.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- Application Deadline
- November 25, 2019
- Re-Vision's Dominican team, led by Executive Director Melanie Spence and Dominican Board President Daniel Rodriguez, brings a combined experience of well over a half-century of missions work in the Dominican Republic.