Search 1343 mission trips from 95 mission organizations
Serve in missions as an intern in the ACTION USA Office!
Action International Ministries
United States, Northern America
Customizable: Apr-Dec 2019
Lasts between 3 months to 1 year
Administration & Leadership
Internship/Study Abroad, Missionary Support/Care, Mobilization, and Technical/Professional Skills
Monthly : $1,500 - $2,000 (US)
Includes: Lodging and Meals
Build up and support our global missionaries and ministries by serving alongside the USA administrative staff and local missionaries.Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
Overview: ACTION USA Mission Apprentices (interns) will have a plethora of opportunities to work on valuable projects with several departments within the Seattle-based home office! Apprentices will gain a bird’s eye perspective on how a missionary sending agency works and obtain a better understanding of nonprofit management. Apprentices will learn the vital role of effective communication both internally with ACTION’s 260 missionaries but also externally with thousands of ACTION supporters and missions minded inquirers seeking to serve God with ACTION as short-term or long-term missionaries!
1. What are some ministry tasks that you want the intern to accomplish while serving with you?
This will vary depending on the skills and interests of each individual Mission Apprentice. Projects and tasks will be in the areas of promotion, representation, recruitment and mobilization — telling others about ACTION’s work worldwide and helping people get connected to that work in meaningful ways.
Some Mission Apprentices will help with the IT Department others will help create brochures for ACTION’s dozens of ministries and still others will connect via email or phone with those interested in serving with ACTION.
2. What are some key lessons from your ministry and walk with the Lord that you want to impart to the interns to help them as they consider their own individual call to missions or vocational ministry?
• God can use and calls all types of people with all types of skillsets into global missions involvement.
• Everyone has a role to play in God’s global plan whether on the front lines overseas or right here in North America. Each role is valuable and serves a purpose in carrying out the Great Commission.
• Full-time missions requires you to not only prioritize what you think needs to be done next but also to be walking so closely with the Lord that He is guiding your daily decisions as you decide which tasks to prioritize.
3. Please list specific skills an intern may expect to develop by the time the internship is completed.
• If working with media, Mission Apprentices will improve graphic design, photo and video editing skills by producing material that ideally has a global reach and motivates people to either support ACTION missionaries or join them by going as an overseas missionary!
• Greater awareness of the complexity and challenges of administratively supporting 260 missionaries remotely from the United States.
• An understanding of and experience in wearing multiple hats and working between multiple departments within an organization.
• Practical skills in multitasking, prioritizing, being flexible and strengthening one’s cross-cultural communication skills.
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
This is not a trip, but an internship opportunity. ACTION is an interdenominational para-church organization that works in partnership with hundreds of national churches to train and send missionaries.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
College and Adult
Eligible to Go
Individuals and Married Couples
Applicants should be college graduates or currently enrolled in a college program or Bible school.
Good Bible knowledge
Member of local church
Involved in evangelism, Bible studies and discipleship
Proficient in Portuguese and/or Spanish
At least 18 years old
A growing Christian
Recommended by pastor and church
Able to accept difficult circumstances
Good sense of humor
Not easily discouraged
Able to accept various leadership styles
Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Mission Trip Offered By Action International Ministries
Phone: 425-775-4800 x240
Action International Ministries (ACTION) is a global mission agency committed to sending multi-national missionaries who treasure Jesus Christ and minister His Gospel in word and deed, primarily to the poor. Our three-prong strategy for urban ministry can be defined under three headings: evangelism, discipleship, and development. The mission currently has over 250 missionaries (and many other team members) in 32 countries. ACTION's prayer target is for 221 additional missionaries to join them in the vital task of world missions, for the glory of God! Our goal is to know God and take action! (Daniel 11:32)
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- United States
- Northern America
- Seattle, Washington
- Start date
- Customizable: Apr-Dec 2019
- 3 months to 1 year
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- Missionaries, national staff members in foreign countries, indirectly serving street children, orphans, widows, unreached people groups
- People Group(s)
- Catholics, atheists, agnostics, Bhuddists, Hindus and Muslims.
- Funds needed
- Monthly : $1,500 - $2,000 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging and Meals
- This is a volunteer position and one in which the intern would need to raise support in order to serve in this capacity.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Training and debriefing would take place at the USA Office.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.