Search 1187 mission trips from 99 mission organizations
Join ACTION missionaries to strengthen local believers and witness to the unreached in Nepal!
Action International Ministries
Nepal, Southern Asia
Customizable: Jan-Dec 2019
Lasts between 1 week to 2 years
Community Development, Discipleship, Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, and Internship/Study Abroad
Monthly : $1,200 - $1,400 (US)
Includes: Lodging and Meals
Travel to Kathmandu for two weeks or several months and work with Nepali nationals committed to reaching millions for Christ throughout Nepal!Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
ACTION TEAMS (group) or Mission Intern (individual) Opportunity
Overview: Travel to Nepal as part of an ACTION TEAM or individual Mission Intern and work with Barnabas who is a Nepali national the Lord saved out of the Hindu high cast called Brahmin! Now as a redeemed Christian leader, Barnabas has a heart and passion to reach millions of his countrymen with the glorious Gospel! Join him and his ministry partners at Mission to Unreached Millions (M2UM) and make an impact for Christ in Nepal!
Q & A with ACTION missionary Barnabas Khanal:
1. What are some ministry tasks that you want the intern to accomplish while serving with you?
My consistent ministries include teaching and training, small group leadership development and infrastructural development such as church planting and sustainable ministry outreach. Interns or teams could come and lead seminars and I am also willing to place them in public primary schools where they would offer voluntary teaching. I would preferably invite interns or teams who can teach or do short-term training on music and worship, English or other languages, health, nutrition and sanitation. In the present context of Nepal a missionary can come to train, coach, mentor and mobilize the local church!
Youth and Children’s Ministry Opportunities for teams or interns:
• Fellowship - Small or large group gatherings to encourage each other to grow in the Lord
• Discipleship - Bible studies and mentoring in one-on-one relationships
• Witnessing – In the marketplaces alongside my ministry leaders and with the local Christian Nepali youth
• Training – Working with local believers and teaching music and worship, evangelism and discipleship skills
• Teaching – The young children during children’s church on Sundays
I firmly believe that the role of 21st century missionaries is to support the local church's missions. So I would discourage an outsider roaming around the villages and marketplaces alone and sharing Gospel tracts to our people, rather I highly encourage them to concentrate in training, mentoring, equipping the local Native Christians.
2. What are some key lessons from your ministry and walk with the Lord that you want to impart to the interns to help them as they consider their own individual call to missions or vocational ministry?
• How to effectively do small group discipleship especially in a cross-cultural setting as well as house church planting
• The essential need to do missions and outreach into the most unreached peoples
• Community service and ministries of mercy serving the poorest of the poor
• Vocational training on entrepreneurship and livelihood for sustainable ministry work
3. Please list specific skills an intern may expect to develop by the time the internship is completed.
• Time management and learning how to multi-task in a ministry setting
• Developing discipling skills in a cross-cultural context both one-on-one and in small groups
• Becoming compassionate in serving the poorest communities and sharing the Gospel with them
For more information or to inquire visit: actioninternational.org/getinvolved • actioninternational.org/barnabas
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
Barnabas has launched Mission to Unreached Millions (M2UM) to work with the local church and local believers throughout Nepal to share the love of Christ with millions of forgotten, neglected unsaved and un-churched people who need to hear the glorious Gospel.
Aside from Barnabas's outreach efforts through M2UM, he also serves as a teacher, trainer and integral mission facilitator, and contributes to the National Christian Leadership in Nepal.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
Sr. High, College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals, Groups [max size 8], Married Couples, and Families
At least one year of Bible college (or equivalent) is preferable, but if applicant does not have this, decisions will be made on a case by case basis.
ACTION is looking for people with the following qualifications to serve in its Short-term Ministry Program:
1. Personally committed to lifelong obedience and service for the Lord Jesus Christ
2. Must be at least 19 years old with one year of work experience, college, or Bible school
3. A growing, maturing Christian
4. Active in their local church (home or college based)
5. Recommended by their pastor and church
7. Adaptable to other cultures, environments, changing circumstances, etc.
8. Able to accept difficult circumstances
9. A good sense of humor and not easily discouraged
10. Able to accept others’ leadership styles
Mission Trip Offered By Action International Ministries
Phone: 425-775-4800 x240
Action International Ministries (ACTION) is a global mission agency committed to sending multi-national missionaries who treasure Jesus Christ and minister His Gospel in word and deed, primarily to the poor. Our three-prong strategy for urban ministry can be defined under three headings: evangelism, discipleship, and development. The mission currently has over 250 missionaries (and many other team members) in 32 countries. ACTION's prayer target is for 221 additional missionaries to join them in the vital task of world missions, for the glory of God! Our goal is to know God and take action! (Daniel 11:32)
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Southern Asia
- Kathmandu with possible outreach trips to Terai regions in Nepal.
- Start date
- Customizable: Jan-Dec 2019
- 1 week to 2 years
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- Untreached people groups, street kids, children in crisis, youth, local believers, national unbelievers
- People Group(s)
- Nepali people and Hindus in the Brahmin caste
- Agnostics, Hindus, Bhuddists, nominal Christians, unreached peoples
- Funds needed
- Monthly : $1,200 - $1,400 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging and Meals
- Depending on duration of stay.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.