Search 1449 mission trips from 93 mission organizations
Minister to children in crisis at KIDS Home as a missions intern in the Philippines!
Action International Ministries
Philippines, Southeastern Asia
Customizable: Jan-Dec 2019
Lasts between 1 week to 3 years
Bible Studies & Small Groups
Discipleship, Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, Internship/Study Abroad, and Medical/Healthcare
Monthly : $1,000 - $1,200 (US)
Includes: Lodging and Meals
Work at KIDS Home alongside the Sisons and have a real impact in childrens' lives by sharing Christ and speaking Truth. Connect through sports, medical ministry and doing life together.Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
Philippines: -MISSIONS INTERNSHIP-
Taytay Rizal, Philippines
Q & A with ACTION missionary Raffy Sison
1. What are some ministry tasks that you want the intern to accomplish while serving with you?
During their time at KIDS Home ministries interns will have many opportunities to serve!
• At our Ministry Center, they may share their testimony, counsel and pray with the children. They can also conduct life application group Bible studies. They may be tasked to cook or assist in food preparation. Work in the gardens, pick fruit from our trees, repair water leaks, lay a concrete walk path, and tackle maintenance and development projects
o Medical/Dental Clinic – We are putting together a medical and dental clinic at the Center which we will open to the indigent community. Complete dental clinic equipment was shipped to our Center! We need help in putting this together and experienced dentists and assistants to serve short-term
• Outside the Center, interns will share their testimony, plant the seed of the Gospel, counsel and pray with children, and assist in leading Bible studies. If equipped, they can perform a magic show or puppet show. Sing or dance with or without instrument of music accompaniment
o Basketball Evangelism - We play with the local village and during break times we share the Gospel! At the closing of the game we give the invitation to invite Jesus into their lives
2. What are some key lessons from your ministry and walk with the Lord that you want to impart to the interns to help them as they consider their own individual call to missions or vocational ministry?
• Sometimes a person’s whole idea or concept of how missions will or should happen is unrealistic or skewed. We will graciously work with each person where they are at and help them conduct effective ministry
• Interns will be frustrated if their heart is not in step with God. We will mentor and teach interns to first and foremost follow God's agenda. They will learn to serve with a cheerful heart and give there all in every task
• Matthew 16:24 (NIV) Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.” Interns will be challenged to do this daily in partnership with us.
3. What criteria do you use to measure the effectiveness of an intern serving with you?
Availability and willingness to serve are the key factors for an intern to experience the full, complete joy Christ promises. They may never see the fruit of their labor while with us, so they should be comfortable knowing they are planting seeds in people’s lives. 1 Cor 10:31 (NIV)” …whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”
4. Please list specific skills an intern may expect to develop by the time the internship is completed.
• Develop skills and confidence in teaching God's Word, life application, academics (English, Math, etc.)
• Improve your discipleship skills working with children and youth and model servant leadership
• If inclined and interested, use and strengthen masonry, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical skills
For more information and pricing visit: actiontrips.org • actioninternational.org/sison
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
Rafael and Susan are members and the first home grown missionaries of Faith Bible Church of Vallejo, California. They currently reside in Taytay Rizal, Philippines. Rafael and Susan have three children, Bryan (in California), Amanda (in college), and Joshua (junior high at Faith Academy Taytay, Rizal). Their three years ministry with the street children gave birth to KIDS Home. They work through the local church and believe: "Every underprivileged child deserves a chance in this life for a better future and a brighter tomorrow. As we disciple each child, God transform a life , transform a family, transform a community, transform a city, transform a country for the glory of GOD."
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals, Groups [max size 6], Married Couples, and Families
At least one year of Bible college (or equivalent) is preferable, but if applicant does not have this, decisions will be made on a case by case basis.
English and a willingness to learn some Tagalog (spoken in the Philippines).
ACTION is looking for people with the following qualifications to serve in its Short-term Ministry Program:
1. Personally committed to lifelong obedience and service for the Lord Jesus Christ
2. Must be at least 19 years old with one year of work experience, college, or Bible school
3. A growing, maturing Christian
4. Active in their local church (home or college based)
5. Recommended by their pastor and church
7. Adaptable to other cultures, environments, changing circumstances, etc.
8. Able to accept difficult circumstances
9. A good sense of humor and not easily discouraged
10. Able to accept others’ leadership styles
Mission Trip Offered By Action International Ministries
Phone: 425-775-4800 x240
Action International Ministries (ACTION) is a global mission agency committed to sending multi-national missionaries who treasure Jesus Christ and minister His Gospel in word and deed, primarily to the poor. Our three-prong strategy for urban ministry can be defined under three headings: evangelism, discipleship, and development. The mission currently has over 250 missionaries (and many other team members) in 32 countries. ACTION's prayer target is for 221 additional missionaries to join them in the vital task of world missions, for the glory of God! Our goal is to know God and take action! (Daniel 11:32)
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Southeastern Asia
- Taytay Rizal
- Start date
- Customizable: Jan-Dec 2019
- 1 week to 3 years
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- Street kids, children in crisis, youth, local believers, national unbelievers, missionaries
- People Group(s)
- Agnostics, Atheists and Roman Catholics, nominal Christians
- Funds needed
- Monthly : $1,000 - $1,200 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging and Meals
- Depending on duration of stay.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.