Search 1343 mission trips from 95 mission organizations
Missions opportunity for Russian speaking Christians to serve children and youth at risk in Ukraine!
Action International Ministries
Ukraine, Eastern Europe
Customizable: Jan-Dec 2019
Lasts between 3 weeks to 2 months
Bible Studies & Small Groups
Discipleship, Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, Internship/Study Abroad, and Missionary Support/Care
Monthly : $1,000 - $1,200 (US)
Includes: Lodging and Meals
Lisa DeGrace has worked with the most vulnerable, neglected, and abused people in Odessa, Ukraine since 2000. She and her team are involved in a ministry center. Join her and share Christâ€™s love!Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
***Special Note: Interns must be conversational or fluent in Russian for this missions opportunity***
Q & A with ACTION missionary Lisa DeGrace
1. What are some ministry tasks that you want the intern to accomplish while serving with you?
Interns could help develop and lead a Vacation Bible School Program or Christian Childrenâ€™s Day Club! There would also be the many opportunities to help evangelize families of children through friendship evangelism. A primary goal of the interns would be to find young, local Ukrainian ladies and mentor them to continue with the childrenâ€™s program after the internsâ€™ departure.
2. What are some key lessons from your ministry and walk with the Lord that you want to impart to the interns to help them as they consider their own individual call to missions or vocational ministry?
â€˘ Interns will learn that our first priority is our relationship with Christ because if we donâ€™t fill up with Godâ€™s love, we canâ€™t give it!
â€˘ Being flexible is very important because God often works through ways that we donâ€™t expect
â€˘ Forgiveness is key to working with dysfunctional people and families. They are not constant with their unstable lives and only Love in action can help them seek God
â€˘ Never take sides when those we serve have conflicts between themselves. If there is an obvious offender always be neutral seeing the offender as Christ sees them (someone that needs to be saved so they donâ€™t act the way they do)
â€˘ Those we minister to will respect you if you love them when they know deep down they donâ€™t deserve your love
3. What criteria do you use to measure the effectiveness of an intern serving with you?
Having a positive attitude, flexibility, an eagerness to help and serve, being a team player, keen interest in personal spiritual development, compassion for the hard to love people and children.
4. What would a typical day look like?
Plans here are often subject to change, but a new daily schedule will be made to accommodate interns. I suggest a morning devotional we would do together, preparation time for Christian Childrenâ€™s Club and a childrenâ€™s club outreach. Evenings would be spent developing relationships with families, attending a church service, leisure time and other preparations. Interns may also help at the ministry centre if the need arises.
5. Please list specific skills an intern may expect to develop by the time the internship is completed.
â€˘ Compassion skills while working with troubled youth and dysfunctional families
â€˘ Interns will learn to not hold a grudge and learn to set boundaries but with a gracious attitude
â€˘ Russian language skills could be improved and developed if intern is not already fluent
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
Lisa has been ministering with ACTION to street youth, orphans, and poor families in the city center of Odessa, Ukraine, since 2000.
Lisa and her team presently use a half basement, 3 room flat in the centre of Odessa as a Ministry Centre, called "Pyt, Istina i Zhizn" , which means, "The Way, The Truth and The Life" in Ukrainian.
The center serves as a safe, inviting place, where many street youth, young street mothers and their children, and homeless graduates of orphanages, know they can come to when they need help, whether it be for medicine and medical bills, groceries, document fees, school supplies, basic clothing needs, spiritual counseling, getting off the street, etc.
Lisa works with two Ukrainian churches in Odessa -- Emmanuel church and Exodus church. Both churches endorse her ministry and support the ministry by having church members help as night staff at the Ministry Centre.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals, Groups [max size 6], Married Couples, and Families
At least one year of Bible college (or equivalent) is preferable, but if applicant does not have this, decisions will be made on a case by case basis.
Russian is required. English is also very helpful and can be used in ministry.
ACTION is looking for people with the following qualifications to serve in its Short-term Ministry Program:
1. Personally committed to lifelong obedience and service for the Lord Jesus Christ
2. Must be at least 19 years old with one year of work experience, college, or Bible school
3. A growing, maturing Christian
4. Active in their local church (home or college based)
5. Recommended by their pastor and church
7. Adaptable to other cultures, environments, changing circumstances, etc.
8. Able to accept difficult circumstances
9. A good sense of humor and not easily discouraged
10. Able to accept othersâ€™ leadership styles
Mission Trip Offered By Action International Ministries
Phone: 425-775-4800 x240
Action International Ministries (ACTION) is a global mission agency committed to sending multi-national missionaries who treasure Jesus Christ and minister His Gospel in word and deed, primarily to the poor. Our three-prong strategy for urban ministry can be defined under three headings: evangelism, discipleship, and development. The mission currently has over 250 missionaries (and many other team members) in 32 countries. ACTION's prayer target is for 221 additional missionaries to join them in the vital task of world missions, for the glory of God! Our goal is to know God and take action! (Daniel 11:32)
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Eastern Europe
- Odessa, Ukraine
- Start date
- Customizable: Jan-Dec 2019
- 3 weeks to 2 months
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- Street children, young adults who are in poverty, local believers, national unbelievers, missionaries
- People Group(s)
- Local Ukrainians
- Agnostics, Atheists, Roman Catholics, and Christians
- Funds needed
- Monthly : $1,000 - $1,200 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging and Meals
- Depending on duration of stay.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.