Search 1343 mission trips from 95 mission organizations
Get out of your comfort zone: Serve the Lord in the Andes Mountains with missionaries in Ecuador!
Action International Ministries
Ecuador, South America
Customizable: Jan-Dec 2019
Lasts between 1 week to 3 years
Bible Studies & Small Groups, Discipleship, Education: Teaching English, and VBS/Bible Clubs
Monthly : $1,100 - $1,300 (US)
Includes: Lodging and Meals
Make an impact for Christ in Ecuador where only 8-9% of the people identify themselves as Evangelical Christians! Minister to poor, rural children through music, sports and teaching Bible stories.Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
Ecuador: -MISSIONS INTERNSHIP-
Tumbaco (High Andes Mountains)
Q & A with ACTION missionaries Francisco and Juanita Vargas
1. What are some ministry tasks that you want the intern to accomplish while serving with you?
There are plenty of opportunities to engage in meaningful ministry with us here in the rural Andes mountains! We look for young adults who are living out their faith who can help affirm what we are teaching the children and teens in our ministry. Interns could come and teach English to children and mothers and help with kids’ camps. We also have music ministry opportunities as we have guitars and a keyboard. For those who speak Spanish, they would be able to help lead Bible studies. There are also practical ways interns could help us such as gardening, painting and drawing creative art murals! Lastly, for the adventurous at heart there is the opportunity to go and visit village churches in the Amazon jungle and conduct outreach events with our friends in these remote locations!
2. What are some key lessons from your ministry and walk with the Lord that you want to impart to the interns to help them as they consider their own individual call to missions or vocational ministry?
• How to walk in faith in another culture, believing in God in spite of the difficulties of funding a ministry or lack of ability
• How to understand the will of God for your life instead of following materialism and the ways of the world
• We would share our experiences and testimonies with interns and enjoy hearing their stories as well!
• Other lessons would be in the areas of preparing teaching materials, Christian counseling, healthy lifestyle choices, responding to difficult situations in ministry and defining your missionary call
3. What criteria do you use to measure the effectiveness of an intern serving with you?
• We measure their attitude. Many come judging everything from their own perspective and they learn how to be flexible. We would see how they took advantage of their opportunities to serve and learn
• We do debriefing and ask how they have changed. Usually there is an opening of their eyes that shows the effectiveness of the experience. We would like each one to make a decision about the future of their walk with God
4. Please list specific skills an intern may expect to develop by the time the internship is completed.
• Spanish language and Ecuadorian cultural understanding (customs, food, how to be sensitive in a new culture)
• Flexibility in ministry but also disciplined in personal and devotional life
• How to accept the food put before you and learning to live at a limited level of comfort
• How to use public transportation in a foreign country and safety precautions to take while overseas
For more information including pricing visit: actioninternational.org/vargas
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
Francisco and Juanita Vargas live and work as missionaries in Quito, Ecuador. Francisco is Ecuadorian and Juanita grew up as a missionary kid in Paraguay. All ministry efforts are conducted through the local church and local believers within their community.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
College and Adult
Eligible to Go
Individuals, Groups [max size 10], Married Couples, and Families
At least one year of Bible college (or equivalent) is preferable, but if applicant does not have this, decisions will be made on a case by case basis.
Conversational Spanish is required.
ACTION is looking for people with the following qualifications to serve in its Short Term Ministry Program:
1. Personally committed to lifelong obedience and service for the Lord Jesus Christ
2. Must be at least 19 years old with one year of work experience, college, or Bible school
3. A growing, maturing Christian
4. Active in their local church (home or college based)
5. Recommended by their pastor and church
7. Adaptable to other cultures, environments, changing circumstances, etc.
8. Able to accept difficult circumstances
9. A good sense of humor and not easily discouraged
10. Able to accept others’ leadership styles
Mission Trip Offered By Action International Ministries
Phone: 425-775-4800 x240
Action International Ministries (ACTION) is a global mission agency committed to sending multi-national missionaries who treasure Jesus Christ and minister His Gospel in word and deed, primarily to the poor. Our three-prong strategy for urban ministry can be defined under three headings: evangelism, discipleship, and development. The mission currently has over 250 missionaries (and many other team members) in 32 countries. ACTION's prayer target is for 221 additional missionaries to join them in the vital task of world missions, for the glory of God! Our goal is to know God and take action! (Daniel 11:32)
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- South America
- Tumbaco, Pichincha, Ecuador
- Start date
- Customizable: Jan-Dec 2019
- 1 week to 3 years
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- The rural poor, orphans, local believers, national unbelievers, pastors, ministry leaders, missionaries
- People Group(s)
- Local Ecuadorians in the Andes mountains and rural farmers in this region
- Roman Catholics, Agnostics, Unreached and Unengaged People Groups
- Funds needed
- Monthly : $1,100 - $1,300 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging and Meals
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.