Search 1541 mission trips from 88 mission organizations
Serve in South Brazil as a Missions Intern! Explore your potential call to global missions!
Action International Ministries
Brazil, South America
Customizable: Jan-Dec 2019
Lasts between 1 week to 3 years
Art, Drama, Music & Puppets
Discipleship, Education: Teaching English, Internship/Study Abroad, and VBS/Bible Clubs
Monthly : $1,000 - $1,200 (US)
Includes: Lodging and Meals
Join us in creating a self-supporting mission outreach base keeping rural kids off the street by sharing the love of Christ with them!Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
Brazil: -MISSIONS INTERNSHIP or SHORT-TERM TEAM OUTREACH
Camaqua, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Q & A with ACTION missionaries Marco & Claudia van de Merwe
1. What are some ministry tasks that you want the intern to accomplish while serving with you?
We have a plethora of opportunities for interns to come and serve with us! The primary ministry we’d love to have interns help us with is our daily ministry that benefits dozens of children from the poor, rural farming community who come to our campus for homework help, learning Bible stories, music, life skills and playing games. Interns could have a meaningful impact in these kids’ lives teaching English, teaching musical instruments, participating in the kids club, leading sports ministry and camping trips with the kids. Aside from working with kids, development of sustainable agricultural projects and training as income generating opportunities as well as helping with weekend events (weddings, church retreats and conferences) are additional ways that interns could serve us here!
2. What are some key lessons from your ministry and walk with the Lord that you want to impart to the interns to help them as they consider their own individual call to missions or vocational ministry?
• Studying the Bible and practical application in everyday life and ministry
• Faithfulness in ministry rather than event orientation – speaking the truth in love day by day rather than depending on immediate results
• Harmonious living with cross-cultural missionary personnel: living and serving with missionaries from various countries
• Cultural adaptation and child evangelism and discipleship
• Prayer and trusting God for financial support
3. What criteria do you use to measure the effectiveness of an intern serving with you?
• Positive, healthy relationships with the children and with the team
• Long-term involvement with missions as prayer support, giving or return visits
• An attitude of service toward the local leadership
4. Please list specific skills an intern may expect to develop by the time the internship is completed.
• How to develop and strengthen cross-cultural friendships
• Child education and discipline lessons
• Basic Portuguese language skills and the ability to communicate with Brazilians who know limited English
• Brazilian cultural awareness
• Sense of humor
• Growing in their faith
For more information including pricing visit: actiontrips.org • actioninternational.org/missionaries/van-de-merwe
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
Marco and Claudia live with two other full-time missionary families in beautiful Rio Grande do Sul. They are connected with 5-6 local churches in this region of Brazil who they partner with in ministry.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
Sr. High, College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals, Groups [max size 10], Married Couples, and Families
At least one year of Bible college (or equivalent) is preferable, but if applicant does not have this, decisions will be made on a case by case basis.
Portuguese or Spanish is helpful, but not required.
ACTION is looking for people with the following qualifications to serve in its Short-term Ministry Program:
1. Personally committed to lifelong obedience and service for the Lord Jesus Christ
2. Must be at least 19 years old with one year of work experience, college, or Bible school
3. A growing, maturing Christian
4. Active in their local church (home or college based)
5. Recommended by their pastor and church
7. Adaptable to other cultures, environments, changing circumstances, etc.
8. Able to accept difficult circumstances
9. A good sense of humor and not easily discouraged
10. Able to accept others’ leadership styles
Mission Trip Offered By Action International Ministries
Phone: 425-775-4800 x240
Action International Ministries (ACTION) is a global mission agency committed to sending multi-national missionaries who treasure Jesus Christ and minister His Gospel in word and deed, primarily to the poor. Our three-prong strategy for urban ministry can be defined under three headings: evangelism, discipleship, and development. The mission currently has over 250 missionaries (and many other team members) in 32 countries. ACTION's prayer target is for 221 additional missionaries to join them in the vital task of world missions, for the glory of God! Our goal is to know God and take action! (Daniel 11:32)
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- South America
- Fazenda Emanuel is a multi-purpose farm and ministry center located close to Camaqua, Brazil, and is a large 20+ acre facility located in the countryside in the province of Rio Grande do Sul.
- Start date
- Customizable: Jan-Dec 2019
- 1 week to 3 years
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- The rural poor, especially children, local believers, national unbelievers, pastors, ministry leaders, missionaries
- People Group(s)
- Local Brazilians and unreached peoples in South Brazil
- Roman Catholics, Agnostics, Christians
- Funds needed
- Monthly : $1,000 - $1,200 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging and Meals
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.