WGO’S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
It is WGO’s desire to receive Serve Teams in Honduras and Belize as soon as possible in a healthy and safe way. Both countries have been completely closed for land and air travel since the middle of March 2020 and it is projected to be this way for the foreseeable future. WGO is committed to continuing to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic in both countries and keep you updated as we receive in-country governmental guidance and more clarity as each country begins the reopening process and our steps to bringing back Serve Teams to both countries. If you are a serve team leader and have further questions please contact Serve Team Manager Melissa Pantoja at [email protected]
World Gospel Outreach (WGO) is serving the spiritually lost in Tegucigalpa, Honduras and in Belmopan, Belize by meeting both physical and Spiritual needs. We seek to show people the love of Jesus Christ through ministry in three specific areas.
Medical/Outreach Serve Teams
In Honduras, Short-term mission teams provide medical, dental, and optical care to the less developed areas in and around the outlining communities of the Capital city, Tegucigalpa. In 2015 we opened our campus in Belize and are excited to have Outreach Serve Teams (in more rural and less populated areas), construction, and community outreach teams come to serve alongside of WGO missionaries and Nationals of Belize.
An 80-acre campus serves as home to abandoned or displaced children from birth to 18 years of age. We provide caring homes, excellent Christian education with a bilingual emphasis and vocational training to our young at-risk population. Here, children experience a loving family life under the guidance of attentive caregivers and Mentor Parents who look to their physical and spiritual needs daily, teaching them to trust Jesus Christ with their lives.
The vision of World Gospel Outreach is:
“Impacting the faith of Christ followers through serving and evangelizing children and the poor.”
Why are we pursuing this vision? We are driven to pursue this vision because of three biblical mandates:
To care for the poor, and especially the widows and orphans (James 1:27).
To be fishers of men and to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with the lost (Matthew 4:19).
To be accountable before God for how we meet the needs of others (Matthew 25:31-46).
WGO is a protestant, non-denominational, evangelical ministry. Our Honduran staff, our full-time missionaries, and our North American teams are comprised of people representing many denominational backgrounds. While there may be some doctrinal differences, we choose to lay those differences aside. What we will not compromise on are the essential truths of the Person and Work of Jesus Christ as revealed in Scripture. We choose to unite around these truths that we unreservedly adhere to, and ask everyone who comes to serve be in submission to.
1. WE BELIEVE in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, was born of the Virgin Mary, was true God and true man, existing in one person and was without sin. We believe in His representative and substitutionary sacrifice, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the Heavenly Father, His present life as Lord of all, High Priest, and Advocate, and His imminent personal return in power and glory.
3. WE BELIEVE that the Holy Spirit indwells and gives life to believers, enables them to understand and apply the Scriptures, empowers them for godly living, and equips them for service and witness.
4. WE BELIEVE that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God, without error in the original documents, fully trustworthy, and the final authority in all matters of faith and life in Christ Jesus.
5. WE BELIEVE that each member of the human race is fallen, sinful and lost, that the shed blood and the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ provides the only ground for forgiveness of sins and justification to all who receive Him by faith, and that only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can they become children of God.
6. WE BELIEVE that the one, holy universal Church is the body of Christ, composed of all regenerate people. This redeemed community worships God and seeks to proclaim the Good News to all people.
7. WE BELIEVE in the imminent return of Jesus Christ, in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.