Search 1628 mission trips from 84 mission organizations
On July 1, 2019, Avant Ministries and Camino Global, missionary sending organizations that God has used for transformational global impact since the 19th century, united to create a combined mission with more than 500 members and a global reach extending to greater than 50 countries. Avant and Camino are a great fit for each other, with complementary vision, common core values, and shared historical roots. Avant expresses its core values as Care, Collaborate and Create. Camino’s core values are Christ-likeness, Community, Collaboration, Compassion and Creativity. AT THIS TIME WE CAN ONLY TAKE APPLICANTS FROM THE US AND CANADA.
On July 1, 2019, Avant Ministries and Camino Global, missionary sending organizations that God has used for transformational global impact since the 19th century, united to create a combined mission with more than 500 members and a global reach extending to greater than 50 countries.
Avant and Camino are a great fit for each other, with complementary vision, common core values, and shared historical roots.
Avant and Camino share a mutual desire to see healthy churches develop where none exist. Camino’s emphasis on serving the Church, when combined with Avant’s experience in creative access countries, has the potential to enhance global impact for both.
1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God, inerrant in the original writings, and of supreme and final authority in all matters of life and faith.
2. We believe in one God eternally existing in three equal persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that God the Son became incarnate in the person of Jesus Christ, who was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
4. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a substitutionary sacrifice, and that all that believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
5. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest, Intercessor and Advocate.
6. We believe in the personal, bodily, visible, and premillennial advent of our Lord Jesus Christ in the glory of His Father to set up in the earth a kingdom in which He shall reign in righteousness and peace.
7. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person, possessed of all the distinctively divine attributes. He is God. He convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. He regenerates, seals, and sets apart the believer to a holy life. At regeneration He baptizes the believer into the body of Christ and comes to indwell him permanently.
8. We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but that spiritual death which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed.
9. We believe that whosoever by faith, apart from works of any kind, receives the Lord Jesus Christ as his Savior is "born from above," and thereby becomes a child of God, "created in Christ Jesus unto good works."
10. We believe that all the redeemed are kept eternally secure by the power of God through the new birth, the indwelling and sealing of the Holy Spirit, and the intercession of Christ.
11. We believe that all born-again believers still possess the fallen Adamic nature in this life, but that God has made full provision whereby His children may be more than conquerors through the Lord Jesus Christ by the power of His Holy Spirit, who indwells each one.
12. We believe that God heals in answer to believing prayer with or without means in accord with His sovereign discretion and will, and that healing cannot be claimed on the same unconditional basis of faith as salvation is claimed. The fact that God does not heal is not necessarily an indication of unbelief or of sin in the believer's life.
13. We believe that the Church in its invisible form is universal, the true body and bride of Christ, and that all who are born again are members, regardless of organizational affiliation. We believe that Christ ordained the observance of water baptism and the Lord's Supper till He returns.
14. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the unending blessedness of the saved and unending punishment of the lost.
15. We believe in the reality and personality of Satan.