Search 1550 mission trips from 116 mission organizations
Africa Inland Mission
Africa Inland Mission (AIM) is a Christian mission sending agency with a heart for Africa’s peoples. We have our roots in a small band of faithful men and women who, in 1895, ventured inland to reach Africans untouched by the gospel. Their vision set the course of AIM for over 120 years, as a community called and sent to live and minister among Africa’s least-reached peoples. This call still remains. Our desire is to see the worship of Jesus Christ spread across the continent of Africa – through individual lives fully committed to him, and collectively through Christ-centered church communities. Our Lord has done a mighty work in Africa, where His Church is vast and growing daily. But with over 1000 African people groups who have yet to hear the good news of Jesus Christ, the task is far from finished.
With a priority for the unreached, Christ-centered church communities among all the people of Africa demonstrating transformed lives that proclaim Christ.
Central Ministry Focus:
1. Disciple-making among the unreached people groups of Africa
2. Mobilizing churches and believers to missional disciple-making with priority for unreached people groups of Africa
3. Equipping leaders for African churches
4. Serving and supporting those engaged in 1,2, and 3.
Preferred Culture (what we want to become or increase in):
1. Service: We will serve the Lord, each other, our sending and receiving churches, and the unreached for the sake of Jesus (Matthew 20:26-27)
2. Sacrifice: We will sacrifice for the Lord, his kingdom, his church and his people (Philippians 2:17)
3. Suffering: We will embrace suffering for the Lord, his people, and the unreached as we boldly proclaim the gospel (1 Peter 4:12-13)
4. Seeking: We will increasingly seek Jesus' presence in prayer, in complete dependence on him for grace, guidance, strength, wisdom, and fruitfulness (John 15:4)
5. Submission: We will practice biblical authority and submission, in reverence for Jesus (Ephesians 5:21)
Core Values (what we believe and agree to follow):
We Are God-Centered -
1. We acknowledge the absolute and final authority of God and His Word in all things.
2. We believe that our highest calling is to bring God the glory and worship He so richly deserves.
3. We are committed to being disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ.
4. We embrace the essential role of individual and corporate prayer.
5. We depend upon God as the ultimate provider for our spiritual and material needs.
6. We recognize the centrality of the local church in the plan of God.
We Are Ministry Focused -
1. We are committed to making disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2. We are committed to establishing maturing churches among unreached peoples.
3. We are committed to developing Christ-like leaders.
4. We believe that ministries are enhanced through a lifestyle consistent with the ministry context.
5. We are committed to learning local languages as an essential tool for effective ministry.
6. We express the life of Christ through teaching and practical demonstrations of His compassion.
7. We enter into partnerships with churches as an autonomous, nondenominational, mission organization.
8. We hold that integrity is essential in all that we do both as a mission and as individuals.
9. We look to the Lord in faith to supply all our needs while sharing information appropriately.
10. We cooperate with like-minded organizations to enhance accomplishing our purpose.
We Are Member Oriented -
1. We are an organization governed by and accountable to its members whose opinions regarding ministry direction are valued by those in leadership.
2. We acknowledge that decisions are generally best made by those closest to the ministry.
3. We respect God’s personal guidance in the life of individuals.
4. We respect the role of mission leadership and seek to identify, equip and empower servant leaders.
5. We value our families and commit ourselves to maintaining and enhancing the well being of our marriages and our children.
6. We are committed to help each member grow as they are transformed into the image of Christ.
Africa Inland Mission is an interdenominational organization which affirms conservative evangelical theology. In order for people from a variety of church backgrounds to serve in unity with one another AIM has embedded the following Statement of Faith in our constitution.
The members of this Mission declare their belief in:
1. The unity and trinity of God, eternally existing in three co-equal Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
2. God, the Creator and Preserver of all things, who created man, male and female, in His own image, and gave them dominion over the earthly creation.
3. The deity and humanity of God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, being very God, also became man, being begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, dead and buried, was raised bodily from the dead, and ascended to the right hand of the Father, whose two natures continue eternally and inseparably joined together in one Person.
4. The deity and personality of God the Holy Spirit, and the necessity of His work to make the death of Christ effective to the individual sinner, leading him to repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; and in His ministry, dwelling permanently within and working through the believer for godly life and service.
5. The divine, verbal inspiration, infallibility and inerrancy of the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as originally given, and their absolute and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
6. The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall, rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
7. The sacrificial death of our Representative and Substitute, the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, by the shedding of whose blood atonement was made for the sins of the whole world and whereby alone men are redeemed from the guilt, penalty and power of sin.
8. The necessity of the new birth as the work of God the Holy Spirit, to be obtained only by receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior; that men are saved by grace through faith, not by works.
9. The eternal blessedness of the saved and the eternal punishment of the lost.
10. The security of the believer, based entirely on the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ, whereby, as a born-again child of God, he has assurance of salvation and has the right to all the privileges of the sons of God.
11. The responsibility of the believer to maintain good works and to obey the revealed will of God in life and service, through which eternal rewards shall be received.
12. The True Church, whose Head is the Lord Jesus Christ, and whose members are all regenerate persons united to Christ and to one another by the Holy Spirit.
13. The observance of the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper as appointed by the Lord Jesus Christ.
14. The supreme mission of the Church as being to glorify God and to preach the gospel to every creature.
15. The personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
16. The resurrection of the body.