Search 1903 mission trips from 125 mission organizations
Exciting Opportunity! Teach English at a School in China May 20-July 7
COMMIT Ministries International
China, Eastern Asia
May 20 to July 7, 2018
Lasts between 1 month to 2 months
Bible Studies & Small Groups
Education: All Other, Education: Teaching English, Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, and Prayer/Intercession
Total : $2,985 (US)
Includes: Lodging, Meals, and Travel to and from location
Team member fee is $2985 and includes RT airfare! Teach English in Mainland China at a private school and share your faith in a secure environment. Want to teach? Sing? You are needed!Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
This trip is open to everyone! Team member trip fee is $2985.00(US) and includes RT airfare from your nearest hub airport city, host lodging in private homes, most meals, in-country airfare (if needed), ground transportation, and some local sightseeing! This is an exciting opportunity to serve God and the China schools for about four weeks or so this summer! No experience is required but English is the prerequisite and an education background and singing experience are always a plus. We provide a solid, easy to learn method (TEFOL) so that you will be able to use your English skills in a teaching environment for all ages and levels of English. Our teams teach in private schools in Guangdong Province in southern China. The use of Biblical textbooks for our teaching purposes is ok. Some sightseeing is included and hosted by the school. Some of our past team members stuck around long enough to venture out on their own to take a walk on the Great Wall, visited the ancient Ming Dynasty Tombs, dropped by Tiannamen Square, went surfing in Beihai, visited famous Guilin, and visited an orphan home or two; held a lot of babies too! If you wish to serve in China, this is the trip for you! Register by clicking through to our site or go to http://www.commitministries.com.
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
COMMIT Ministries has been involved in China since 1995.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
Jr. High, Sr. High, College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals, Groups [max size 15], Married Couples, and Families
Teaching experience is a plus BUT NOT required. Previous short term trip experience is a plus too but not required. You will be trained to do an effective job!
English is required. Some Mandarin Chinese is helpful but not required.
You must have a serve and learn attitude. Following the trip, long-term teaching assignments may be available for qualified candidates with a six month to one year commitment.
Mission Trip Offered By COMMIT Ministries International
COMMIT is a church mobilization ministry assisting the local church through the provision of short-term ministry opportunities, short-term trip training, and the use of appropriate academia in order to prepare to serve.
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Eastern Asia
- Guangzhou, Shunde, Guangdong Province
- May 20 to July 7, 2018
- 1 month to 2 months
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- Students of all ages and Adults
- People Group(s)
- Primarily Han
- Most Chinese people are Buddhists and Animists though there are reportedly as many as 700 million Christians.
- Funds needed
- Total : $2,985 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging, Meals, and Travel to and from location
- Trip fees include RT air transportation from most major US airports (and many other worldwide airports), private and hotel lodging, ground transportation (bus, train, private car, and taxi), in-country airfare (if necessary), most meals, training materials, and active training. Pre field training and orientation materials are also furnished and required for participation. The cost of a Passport, China tourist visa, daily fluids (water, sodas, etc), and side trip event fees are not included in the trip fees. Deposits are applied to your trip fee balance in full and relax, we have never charged an application fee and pray we never will!
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Pre-field materials will be furnished to all team members and must be completed prior to departure. A full manual will be mailed to you in advance so you can prepare to serve with your team and the school where you will be assigned. It's an easy method to use and allows for you to prepare daily to meet the next day needs in your classroom. We will debrief as a group at least once a week and possibly set aside a day before returning home.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- Application Deadline
- March 20, 2018
- This is an excellent opportunity to share your faith and build relationships with hundreds of students and adults living in the areas we serve! You'll love this trip!