Search 1786 mission trips from 124 mission organizations
Evangelistic English Language Family Camps in Poland
Poland, Western Europe
Approx: Jul 2018
Lasts between 1 week to 2 weeks
Bible Studies & Small Groups
Education: Teaching English, Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, and VBS/Bible Clubs
Total : $1,650 (US)
Includes: Lodging, Meals, and Travel to and from location
Come join our staff for an unforgettable camp experience as you develop relationships with your English students to introduce them to Christ. Families, groups, and singles are encouraged to sign up.Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
Evangelistic English Language Camps (EELCs) are a good opportunity for lay people to become involved in front-line, cross-cultural evangelism and discipleship. The increasing popularity of the English language in many parts of the world has provided a unique avenue for witnessing. As English-speaking Christians, we should not miss this chance. Because of their great evangelistic influence, EELCs have become a major emphasis for International Messengers.
The Family EELC is a spin-off of our traditional EELCs where the whole family can now come and have the camp experience. The camps have a day care, a VBS program, a teen English camp, and an Adult English camp going on simultaneously. This allows American children and teens to be involved in reaching their peers cross-culturally while the adults are doing the same.
The method of ministry is based on building relationships in a friendly camp environment. Each day at the camp, each team member will lead a conversational English class, a Bible study, and a conversation time in a small group setting. The remainder of the day is spent building friendships during free time, meals and special evening events.
Children’s Ministry: During the time that the teens and adults meet throughout the day, the children will be meeting in a separate location. The team members will have their own schedule which will include worship time, Bible stories, outdoor activities, games, crafts and other activities.
The campers are a mixture of young children to senior citizens. They come to learn English through conversation with North Americans, and to enjoy the fun, relaxed atmosphere of the camp with their family.
Team Job Description
1. Administer English fluency tests
2. Attend team planning/prayer meetings
3. Teach conversational English to a small group of students
4. Lead a topical discussion group of six to ten students during
5. Introduce the students to Jesus through a daily English Reading
Time Bible Study
6. Build relationships with the students during free time
7. Share personal testimony during class time and evening events
8. Plan and take part in group games, skits and other group
9. Find ways to show a servant’s heart to model the life of Christ
10. Share the Gospel with students in every possible way
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
We seek to bring about renewal in the local churches by drawing their membership into ministry alongside our staff and short-term teams. We provide training and encouragement through relationships we've established with them. We purpose to give them as much ownership as they will take as the church matures. Our staff seek national pastors with a heart for evangelism and discipleship to come alongside them for involvement in the above-mentioned process.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
Elementary, Jr. High, Sr. High, College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals, Groups, Married Couples, and Families
Must have a heart for friendship-based evangelism and a vital relationship with the Lord.
Mission Trip Offered By International Messengers
Phone: 641-357-6700 x
International Messengers is an evangelical, interdenominational missions organization comprised of international staff. We are committed to making disciples of all nations through partnering with local churches to renew, train and mobilize believers for active involvement in reaching the world for Christ.
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Western Europe
- NOTE: Of our Family English Camps scheduled in Poland for summer of 2018, we have two that will be most in need of team members. One has travel dates of July 4 - 16 and will take place in Maróz, Poland. The other one has travel dates of July 12 - 23 and will take place in Kiczyce, Poland.
- Start date
- Approx: Jul 2018
- 1 week to 2 weeks
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- Families and singles—all ages.
- People Group(s)
- Religious people, seekers, and believers.
- Funds needed
- Total : $1,650 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging, Meals, and Travel to and from location
- Does NOT include cost of airline ticket. Please email us ([email protected]) for cost details.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Short-term candidates are required to attend an 18-hour weekend training course. Various trainings are offered across the US. Debriefing will take place on site.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- Application Deadline
- April 9, 2018
- Please visit our website (www.internationalmessengers.org) where you will find a camp schedule that includes these short-term opportunities as well as others. Thank you and God Bless!