Search 1902 mission trips from 124 mission organizations
June 19 to July 23, 2018
Lasts between 3 weeks to 2 months
Bible Studies & Small Groups
Discipleship, Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, Service Projects & Helps, and VBS/Bible Clubs
Total : $1,800 - $2,000 (US)
Includes: Lodging and Meals
Interested to see how a nation which began its history as a penal colony compares with that of nations like the US which has been blessed to have a more pronounced Christian heritage?Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
RP Missions is looking for individuals who have a knowledge and love of God's Word and an understanding Reformed Theology to come alongside these three Reformed congregations in the Melbourne area. Special preference is given to men and women who are members in good standing in member denominations of the International Council for Reformed Churches (ICRC) or member denominations of the North American Presbyterian and Reformed Churches (NAPARC). Exceptions may be made for applicants coming from denominations outside of those member churches based on the strength of the application and references.
As our aim is to come alongside our host congregations, this will help to assure that we teach and evangelize in such a way that we will compliment their efforts.
This team will be helping three small congregations to carryout several tasks this summer. First, they will be doing some door-to-door work to establish contacts in the community. They will also plan to hold a Holiday Bible Club (VBS) for children in the community. As these congregations gets very few visitors, we will be seeking to encourage them by participating in the activities of their congregation. We may spend some time doing some manual labor to improve the properties and make visitors more welcome.
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
This mission effort will be in partnership with three congregations. The benefit of working with established churches is that the people we meet and share the gospel will be followed up with by the church workers so that the important work of discipling can continue after this short-term team leaves.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
Eligible to Go
Individuals and Groups [max size 12]
Some college education preferred but not required
All mission efforts with RP Missions are open to individuals from outside the Reformed Presbyterian denomination. Participants can expect to witness this mission carried out from an historic reformed and Biblical perspective.
Mission Trip Offered By RP Missions
RP Missions seeks to provide opportunities for God's people to serve Christ through short-term efforts partnering with established congregations and mission stations. Our primary tasks are to Serve Christ and His Church, Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, and Disciple the Nations. Our trips are primarily aimed at young people (Sr. High through College) but do consider groups who would like to get acquainted with missionary service. We desire to see Christian men and women grow in their confidence to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and to grow in service to Christ and His Church. You will enjoy working alongside pastors, elders, deacons, missionaries and other church workers that can inspire you with their vision and aid you in discovering the tools that God has been pleased to give you through regular study of His Word and the investment of your parents and local church. If you have an overwhelming desire to serve Christ, to reach the "lost" with the good news of Jesus Christ, and if you are eager to get to know brothers and sisters in Christ from across His kingdom, we hope you will consider applying for an RP Missions trip! Our mission efforts are open to young people from the United States and Canada.
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Frankston, McKinnon, Geelong, Victoria, Australia. Just outside of Melbourne.
- June 19 to July 23, 2018
- 3 weeks to 2 months
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- children and adults in the community
- People Group(s)
- Most would have some basic understanding of Christianity but either aren't applying that understanding or haven't enjoyed the renewing work of the Spirit within their hearts. The congregations we will work with would have a reformed understanding of the Scripture and have a real heart for the lost.
- Funds needed
- Total : $1,800 - $2,000 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging and Meals
- Participants are responsible for travel, passport, visa and fundraising expenses. Funds raised are used to cover food, housing, local travel onsite, and ministry materials.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Team members will prepare by studying the biblical mandate for missions and better understand the motive and aim of all mission efforts. RP Missions also provides weekly online meetings for our participants that are from areas around the globe.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- Application Deadline
- March 30, 2018
- This trip will cease to accept applications after the team is full. If you are interested in this trip, please apply today!