Search 1896 mission trips from 124 mission organizations
Japan - Kobe Mission
Japan, Eastern Asia
Approx: Jul or Aug 2018
Lasts between 3 weeks to 4 weeks
Bible Studies & Small Groups
Discipleship, Education: Teaching English, Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, and VBS/Bible Clubs
Total : $1,800 (US)
Includes: Lodging and Meals
Team members will assist five congregations in their efforts to proclaim the gospel in their communities. Activities will include leading Vacation Bible schools and English language lessons.Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
RP Missions is looking for individuals who have a knowledge and love of God's Word and an understanding Reformed Theology to come alongside these six Reformed congregations in the Kobe, Japan area. Special preference is given to men and women who are members in good standing in member denominations of the International Council for Reformed Churches (ICRC) or member denominations of the North American Presbyterian and Reformed Churches (NAPARC). Exceptions may be made for applicants coming from denominations outside of those member churches based on the strength of the application and references.
As our aim is to come alongside our host congregations, this will help to assure that we teach and evangelize in such a way that we will compliment their efforts.
A small team of six to eight men and women will travel to Kobe, Japan. This team will help carryout Vacation Bible Schools, distribute tracts, attend a Youth Conference, share their testimonies and present the gospel. Six congregations will benefit from the efforts of this team.
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
As with all RP Missions trips, this mission team will work alongside existing congregations to reach the community with the gospel. This partnership ensures that proper follow-up is carried out after the short-term team returns home.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
Eligible to Go
Individuals, Groups [max size 6], and Married Couples
Some college education is preferred but not required. These congregations are very desirous of hosting individuals that are familiar with Reformed theology and able to teach others.
Knowledge of the Japanese language is not required, but if you have particular skills in the language it will open even more doors for ministry among the saints and the community. If you don't have language skills, our team members utilize translators for
All mission opportunities through RP Missions are open to young people who love God's Word, are eager to participate in the life of Christ's Church, and who have an understanding and appreciation of Reformed Theology (like that contained in the Westminster Confession.) Participants can expect to witness missions carried out from an historic reformed and Biblical perspective.
Mission Trip Offered By RP Missions
RP Missions seeks to provide opportunities for God's people to serve Christ through short-term efforts partnering with established congregations and mission stations. Our primary tasks are to Serve Christ and His Church, Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, and Disciple the Nations. Our trips are primarily aimed at young people (Sr. High through College) but do consider groups who would like to get acquainted with missionary service. We desire to see Christian men and women grow in their confidence to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and to grow in service to Christ and His Church. You will enjoy working alongside pastors, elders, deacons, missionaries and other church workers that can inspire you with their vision and aid you in discovering the tools that God has been pleased to give you through regular study of His Word and the investment of your parents and local church. If you have an overwhelming desire to serve Christ, to reach the "lost" with the good news of Jesus Christ, and if you are eager to get to know brothers and sisters in Christ from across His kingdom, we hope you will consider applying for an RP Missions trip! Our mission efforts are open to young people from the United States and Canada.
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Eastern Asia
- In and around Kobe, Japan.
- Start date
- Approx: Jul or Aug 2018
- 3 weeks to 4 weeks
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- children, mothers, congregation members
- People Group(s)
- Many of the children will have no knowledge of the Gospel, some of the teens may have heard something about Christ but don't have many facts, and many of the adults would be or have been practicing shinto worshippers and are beginning to ask questions or seek answers from these Churches through the Scripture.
- Funds needed
- Total : $1,800 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging and Meals
- Participants are responsible to arrange their travel to Osaka/Kansai airport, securing their passports. Funds raised will be used to cover housing, food, local travel, youth conference registration, ministry materials, emergency medical/evacuation insurance, pre-field training, background checks, a small gift for host congregations and team "free day" tours around Southern Japan.
For participants wishing to utilize fundraising letters to help offset the mission cost, you can submit your letter and list of addresses to our office and we will print, fold, stuff, and provide postage for up to 100 letters to be sent out up to three times prior to departure. This is a tremendous savings of time and money to you and your donors will get a year end tax-deductible receipt for their support of this mission.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- This team will be trained via online meetings held weekly in the months leading up to departure. This training will involve studying the culture, history of the Church in Japan, history of the particular congregations we will serve and a look at current events and how God's Word can guide us in answering questions that may be asked by the Japanese.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- Application Deadline
- March 1, 2018
- This trip will continue to accept applications until the team is full or March 1st, 2018. Reserve your place today by completing our application process online.