Search 1716 mission trips from 102 mission organizations
Africa - Medical or nursing students, doctors or nurses in Gambia
Gambia, Western Africa
Customizable: Jan or Jun 2014
Lasts between 6 months to 1 year
*see notes below or inquire for details
Medical Personnel Locations: Chamen, Jarrol, Sibanor. We are able to accommodate medical and nursing students or doctors, nurses or midwives in our clinics.Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
We are able to accommodate medical and nursing students or doctors, nurses or midwives in our clinics. WEC is involved in medical projects at 5 locations around the country. Our main clinic is located in Sibanor with smaller clinics in Jarrol and Nemakunku. Patients who are too ill to go back to their villages can use the in-patient facilities which are available at the Sibanor clinic. In Brikama a team is working on a project for care in the home as well as supporting the government health centre, and in Chamen two of our nurses are working in a community health project.
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals and Married Couples
Skills necessary to do the job.
Mission Trip Offered By WEC International
WEC International is an international (members from 45+ nationalities), interdenominational mission agency. WEC is one of the ten largest church planting mission agencies in the world. Discovery Teams and WEC Trek are the short-term programs. WEC endeavours to bring the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to the remaining unevangelised peoples with the utmost urgency. WECers plant churches in many countries around the world with locations in Africa, Asia, North Africa, Central Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and South Pacific. To find out more about WEC International visit www.wec-int.org
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Western Africa
- Start date
- Customizable: Jan or Jun 2014
- 6 months to 1 year
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- people with medical needs
- People Group(s)
- Mandinka, Wolof, Jola, Fula
- Funds needed
- *see notes below or inquire for details
- Costs of WEC Trek trips are not fixed due to the flexibility we offer. Costs will depend on where you want to go, how long you want to stay and airfare costs.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Pre-Field Training through activities and reading guided by a pre-field manual followed by a 1 week orientation training at the WEC HQ near Philadelphia, PA. Debriefing for 3 days immediately on return of the trip at the WEC HQ.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- More information about WEC Trek, the short-term ministry of WEC International,can be found on our web page www.wectrek.org Click on the Trek program closest to your location. Other opportunities in the 10/40 window, not listed here, are also available on our web page.