Search 2012 mission trips from 108 mission organizations
Africa - HIV Clinic Nurse â€“ The Gambia, Sibanor
Gambia, Western Africa
Customizable: Jan, May, Jun or Sep 2016
Lasts between 6 months to 2 years
*see notes below or inquire for details
"Reaching out together in word and deed to share Godâ€™s love in The Gambia!" is the key verse for our group looking for - Qualified Nurses to Work in a HIV Clinic in the Gambia, AfricaInquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
Work in a specialist HIV clinic, as part of WECâ€™s primary health care services in Sibanor including antenatal, maternity, pediatric and adult medical care, also with a small ward. Our HIV team includes a doctor, two or three nurses, a counselor, a receptionist and translators. You would see patients in the outpatient clinic (with the support of a doctor), provide support to patients when they are admitted to the ward, and may be able to visit patients in their homes. Provide administrative and management support to the HIV clinic coordinator. Develop your language skills to contribute to the long-term strategy of the clinic and mission work. Help us identify patients who would like us to pray with them, as they seek Godâ€™s help and healing for their medical problems, or who have an interest in the gospel message. Working closely with the Gambian church, we take opportunities to testify to the patients, and show the Jesus film on the ward.
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
WEC works closely with the Gambian church and church members to take opportunities to preach to patients, pray with them and show the Jesus film on the ward.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals and Married Couples
Qualifications: A qualified nurse with 2 yearsâ€™ experience. If you have experience of HIV medicine, it would be helpful, but not essential. Flexibility and a willingness to try new things is essential.
Mandinka or Wolof would be an asset
Mission Trip Offered By WEC International
Phone: 888-646-6202 x6621
WEC International is an international (members from 55+ nationalities), interdenominational mission agency. WEC is one of the ten largest church planting mission agencies in the world. Discovery Teams and WEC Trek are the short-term programs. WEC endeavours to bring the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to the remaining unevangelized peoples with the utmost urgency. WECers plant churches in many countries around the world with locations in Africa, Asia, North Africa, Central Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and South Pacific. To find out more about WEC International visit www.wec-usa.org WEC USA has 3 short term programs: Discovery (individuals or teams that go out up to 3 months; WEC Trek (individuals that go from 3 months - 12 months) and WEC Core (individuals that go for 2 years).
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Western Africa
- Start date
- Customizable: Jan, May, Jun or Sep 2016
- 6 months to 2 years
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- people with medical needs
- People Group(s)
- Mandinka, Wolof, Jola, Fula
- Funds needed
- *see notes below or inquire for details
- Costs of WEC Trek trips are not fixed due to the flexibility we offer. Costs will depend on where you want to go, how long you want to stay and airfare costs.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Pre-Field Training through activities and reading guided by a pre-field manual followed by a 1 week orientation training at the WEC HQ near Philadelphia, PA. Debriefing for 3 days immediately on return of the trip at the WEC HQ.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- More information about WEC Trek, the short-term ministry of WEC International,can be found on our web page www.wectrek.org Click on the Trek program closest to your location. Other opportunities in the 10/40 window, not listed here, are also available on our web page.