Search 1900 mission trips from 124 mission organizations
Love North Africa - Refugee Ministry (optional extention) - NORTH AFRICA
June 10 - 22, 2018
Lasts between 1 week to 2 weeks
Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle
Total : $1,051 (US)
Includes: Lodging and Meals
The goal of this project is to meet the refugees' basic needs, and to empower, equip and mobilize the local church in their outreaches.Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
By being present in communities and reaching the refugees we will bring God’s love, hope, justice and beauty. The days of the outreach can be extended upon request.The love and mercy of the Lord Jesus Christ will be dispersed through aid and relief actions to Nuba Sudanese Refugees. Their quality of life will be improved and dignity restored. Hope, transformation and healing will be found in the Lord Jesus while connecting with the local church.
The target group of this intervention are Sudanese Nuba refugees, as well as the poorest members of the host communities. (Garbage Village People)
- Most of the women we are working with, lost their husbands. (Some were raped by the soldiers.)
- Many traumatized refugees were held for a long time in the camps. They need spiritual, emotional and physical healing. We will work with the local church to help them in reaching these communities.
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals, Groups [max size 10], Married Couples, and Families
The participant needs to be passionate about telling the story of the Lord, both historical and personal. Be open for team work and willingness to immerse into another culture.
Accommodation will be at a hotel or fully equipped guest house. All meals are included, ranging from typical local and Arab meals. There are options for individuals with specific tastes. If you have any specific dietary needs, please let us know in advance.
Participants should be in good health, ready for an intense time of ministry. The capital is located in the middle of Sahara Desert, with low humidity. Any special needs (food allergies, medical conditions must be communicated as early as possible so that organizers can prepare to receive that person! Each participant should arrange personal medical insurance to cover the period of the outreach.
Mission Trip Offered By Operation Mobilization
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Northern Africa
- June 10 - 22, 2018
- 1 week to 2 weeks
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- People Group(s)
- Sudanese Nuba refugees
- Funds needed
- Total : $1,051 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging and Meals
- Price listed is for June 10-22, please contact us for cost of additional weeks if you wish to extend. All prices do not include airfare.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- Application Deadline
- March 12, 2018
- We will arrange the pick up and drop off at the airport. Many nationalities can get a 30 days tourist visa at the airport. Please check this requirement with a local travel agent or embassy or consulate if you are unsure.