Search 1723 mission trips from 101 mission organizations
Israel! Assist Sudan Refugees and Holy Land Tour July 1-15, 2014
COMMIT Ministries International
Israel, Middle East
July 1 - 15, 2014
Lasts between 1 week to 2 weeks
Education: All Other
Education: Teaching English, Evangelism: Friendship & Lifestyle, Service Projects & Helps, and Technical/Professional Skills
Total : $3,585 (US)
Includes: Lodging, Meals, and Travel to and from location
Your $3585.00 trip fee includes RT airfare from your nearest hub airport city, host & hotel lodging, most meals, ground transportation, and a short tour of the Holy Land.Inquire About The Trip
What the Mission Trip Will Be Like
This trip is open to everyone! Your $3585.00(US) trip fee includes round trip airfare from your nearest hub airport city, host and hotel lodging, most meals, ground transportation, some sightseeing, and materials related to the project. You will need a valid passport but Israel does not charge a visa fee for most citizens of countries throughout the world. You will be part of a team that reaches out through Education (mostly teaching English) to refugees from Southern Sudan, Darfur, Bedouin Tribe families, Arabs, Jews, and others who truly need to know that Jesus loves them. This trip will introduce you to those on the front lines who give their lives in God's service and provide you with a fuller vision of how the Good News is truly shared in this part of the world. You’ll also tour Biblical sites for a few days, including the region of the Sea of Galilee, Jerusalem, En Gedi, Masada, and the Dead Sea. You can arrange to be baptized in the Jordan and some may want to arrange to go to Bethlehem; it can be done. You will also learn new (ancient) methods of how to read Biblical materials. Our past teams served our full-time ministry partners in any number of ways including teaching English to Bedouins at special camp locations, helping refugees with their English skills too, as well as assisting others to learn special trades such as carpentry, welding, tutoring, creative arts, and computer skills. This is truly time well spent and an event that will change your life!
Relation of Opportunity to National Church and/or Long-term Goals
Our teams work with ministry partners reaching out to Muslims, Sudanese refugees, refugees from Darfur, Bedouin Tribe members, and to Hebrew citizens.
Participant Information, Recommendations, Requirements
Elementary, Jr. High, Sr. High, College, Adult, and Seniors
Eligible to Go
Individuals, Groups [max size 15], Married Couples, and Families
No experience is necessary but a caring, serve-and-learn attitude is very helpful.
Your team member fee includes RT air transportation. A servant's heart and the ability to communicate the love of God through active relationship-building is a plus. Each team member must complete a 12-part, simple pre-field devotional and comply with a team member declaration, complete required documents, have a valid passport (and visa if required), furnish team member fees by 60 days prior to departure, and purchase travel/ insurance.
Mission Trip Offered By COMMIT Ministries International
COMMIT is a church mobilization ministry assisting the local church through the provision of short-term mission opportunities, short-term trip training, and the use of appropriate academia in order to prepare to serve.
Inquire about this Mission Trip
Mission Trip Details
- Middle East
- Tel Aviv, Arad, Mt Hebron, Lod
- July 1 - 15, 2014
- 1 week to 2 weeks
Demographics of People Being Ministered To
- Refugees, Mothers, Orphans, Whole Families
- People Group(s)
- Bedouin, Sudanese Refugees, Hebrew, Muslims
- Jewish, Islam, and Christians
- Funds needed
- Total : $3,585 (US)
- Included in Cost
- Lodging, Meals, and Travel to and from location
- A valid passport is required and a visa. A visa is not required for US citizens or citizens of several other countries. We recommend bringing $200-$300 for daily fluids (water, soda, coffee, etc) and any gifts you may wish to purchase. Team members are required to purchase travel/health insurance.
Training and Debriefing
- Pre-field Training
- Post-field Debrief
- Each team member is required to complete all necessary documents as well as a 12 part pre-field devotional. The team will debrief before returning home.
- How to apply
- Send an inquiry for details on the application process for this mission trip.
- Application Deadline
- March 20, 2014
- We will make your travel/air arrangements and provide ground transportation as well. This is not a "tour" though a short tour is provided. This is instead, a wonderful opportunity to serve those who truly need to know that God loves them! The team member fee includes RT air travel from a central hub city/airport near your home, all ground transportation, materials related to the projects, most meals, host and hotel lodging, and admission into public or national parks.