Search 1788 mission trips from 117 mission organizations
World Gospel Outreach
World Gospel Outreach (WGO) is serving the poor in Tegucigalpa, Honduras and in Belmopan, Belize by meeting their physical and spiritual needs. We seek to touch them with the love of Jesus Christ through our work in three specific areas. * Medical/Evangelism Serve Teams. Short-term mission teams provide medical, dental, and optical care to the very poor in Honduras and Belize. We also wash children's hair. Team members share the Gospel with everyone served by the team. We partner & serve with local host churches, on their property. The church leaders then follow-up by spiritually nurturing for those who come to Christ. * Rancho Ebenezer’s 80-acre campus (Honduras) serves as home to abandoned, orphaned or displaced children from birth to 18 years of age. We provide caring homes, an excellent education with a bilingual emphasis and vocational training to our young at-risk population. Here, children experience a loving family life under the guidance of attentive caregivers and Mentor Parents who look to their physical and spiritual needs daily, teaching them to trust Jesus Christ with their lives. * Equipping and encouraging short-term missionaries. Since 1993, WGO has been providing opportunities for people from North America to serve in Honduras. This year over 1,000 people will serve God by serving in Honduras or Belize on one of our week-long mission trips. During each week, WGO serves as the facilitator for the team members to be touched by God and used by God as they serve the poor and share His love. The majority of our short-term missionaries testify to changed lives as a direct result of their experience. * In 2015 we opened our new campus in Belize and are excited to have medical/evangelism, construction, and community outreach teams come to serve the people of Belize.
The vision of World Gospel Outreach is:
"Impacting the faith of Christ followers through serving and evangelizing children and the poor."
Why are we pursuing this vision? We are driven to pursue this vision because of three biblical mandates:
To care for the poor, and especially the widows and orphans (James 1:27).
To be fishers of men and to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with the lost (Matthew 4:19).
To be accountable before God for how we meet the needs of others (Matthew 25:31-46).
WGO is a protestant, non-denominational, evangelical ministry. Our Honduran staff, our full-time missionaries, and our North American teams are comprised of people representing many denominational backgrounds. While there may be some doctrinal differences, we choose to lay those differences aside. What we will not compromise on are the essential truths of the Person and Work of Jesus Christ as revealed in Scripture. We choose to unite around these truths that we unreservedly adhere to, and ask everyone who comes to serve be in submission to.
1. WE BELIEVE in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, was born of the Virgin Mary, was true God and true man, existing in one person and was without sin. We believe in His representative and substitutionary sacrifice, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the Heavenly Father, His present life as Lord of all, High Priest, and Advocate, and His imminent personal return in power and glory.
3. WE BELIEVE that the Holy Spirit indwells and gives life to believers, enables them to understand and apply the Scriptures, empowers them for godly living, and equips them for service and witness.
4. WE BELIEVE that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God, without error in the original documents, fully trustworthy, and the final authority in all matters of faith and life in Christ Jesus.
5. WE BELIEVE that each member of the human race is fallen, sinful and lost, that the shed blood and the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ provides the only ground for forgiveness of sins and justification to all who receive Him by faith, and that only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can they become children of God.
6. WE BELIEVE that the one, holy universal Church is the body of Christ, composed of all regenerate people. This redeemed community worships God and seeks to proclaim the Good News to all people.
7. WE BELIEVE in the imminent return of Jesus Christ, in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.