Menu
full details on short-term mission trips (1wk to 3yrs)
DISCUSSION 
FAQFAQ SearchSearch ProfileProfile Log inLog in RegisterRegister      

« View previous topic | View next topic »
Bridgette

Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 11:50 pm Post subject: General Costs Reply with quote

Hi,
I am a young adult woman who is interested in going on a missions trip overseas. I have never been on one but I know of a few people who have been on several mission trips. I was wondering what the general cost of a missions trip is and what would be the best place to go to for someone, like me, starting out on there first trip ever?
Mary

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 9:56 am Post subject: RE: General Costs Reply with quote

The best thing for you to do is browse the possibilities and compare the costs of those you are interested in. Browsing is not a commitment, it is chance to become better informed. You will find that costs vary (something like $700 to $2000), often depending on how far away from home you are going.

Don't shrink back if God puts a trip on your heart that adds up to big numbers. Whether you go or not is not dependent upon how much money is in the bank account. He delights in stretching our faith and showing us that whom He sends, He will provide for. Get out of the boat and see!*

*This comment is motivated by the book If You Want To Walk On Water, You've Got To Get Out Of The Boat by John Ortberg
Roisin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:44 pm Post subject: RE: General Costs Reply with quote

I agree. God put it in my heart round about this time last year to go to Mexico for the summer and so I cancelled a holiday I had planned. Then my friend was willing to go too. We had a matter of 4 months to raise 3000. For 3 moths we had nothing and then it all came flooding in! God honoured us for stepping out! And he will do for you! Praise God! Jesus is alive! Amen and Amen! O.k I'll go now!!