eve Menu
full details on short-term mission trips (1wk to 3yrs)
DISCUSSION 
FAQFAQ SearchSearch ProfileProfile Log inLog in RegisterRegister      

« View previous topic | View next topic »
marnie

Post Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:11 pm Post subject: Photographer interested in serving.... Reply with quote

Hey Guys!
I'm a photographer in WI, and I have been intersted in missions for awhile. How would I go about finding if there is any need for my kind of work? Thanks for any help you can offer. Smile
HeyWes

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

My son is also a photographer looking to use his skills on missions. We found a new organization, photoserve.com. They're doing their first trip this fall, but they took my son's spring dates in case a spring break comes available.

He's in the Milwaukee area. Look him up, Brian Slawson.

Blessings,
Wes
Chuck

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:47 pm Post subject: Mission Photographer Reply with quote

I have never considered a "Mission Photographer". Most participants take their photos and then share post mission. However, I do recognize the value of a good photographer. Do you have other skills also? Such as the ability to create a website for the organization, display your photography and the work of the organization?
The post is more than 1 year old and likely you have already found something. If not, drop me an email. We are headed to peru in October.
Warm regards, Chuck, TheLuzFund@verizon.net
limelightRZ

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I am able to create a Web site and display the photos and the work of the organization. Do you still have a need for your trip in October in Peru? When is the trip to Peru? My e-mail address is rebecca@stepintothelimelight.com.
jansmithptn

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:21 am Post subject: Short Term Photography Mission Trips Reply with quote

I know this thread is old, but if any photographers are still interested in taking short term mission's trips, please contact me. I am director of Picture The Nations (a ministry of Watermelon Ministries) www.watermelonministries.org and we are just now getting off the ground. If you want more detailed information and can raise your own funds, please contact me at jan.smith@picturethenations.org.

Picture The Nations missions statement:

People all over the world feel unloved, forgotten and having little value.
Picture The Nations' goal is to show the beauty of people in every nation through facilitating short-term international photography giving trips
that benefit individuals, ministries and local communities.
As we do this we hope to awaken the latent potential in photographers to impact the world.
Our photography is given away to our subjects to show them
their beauty and value through God's eyes. We will achieve this goal through valuing human dignity, professionalism, cultural sensitivity
and building community through unconditional love.
Picture The Nations is a project of Watermelon Ministries.