Survey of Services Used by Mission Trip Providers
Leaders Share Tips and Tools for Travel, Insurance and Background Checks
By ShortTermMissions.com Community
Using a Travel Agency
- 37% make their own travel arrangements (19 groups)
- 4% use a local, in-town travel agency to make arrangements (2 groups)
- 59% use one or more of the travel agencies listed in the report (30 groups)
Survey respondents mentioned one travel agency was mentioned more than any other: Raptim Humanitarian Service was mentioned by 11 of these ministries. There are, however, quite a few other travel agencies that specialize in serving mission teams.
Purchasing Travel Insurance
- 27% do not use a specific company; some of these do not require travel insurance, while others require participants to arrange it (14 groups)
- 73% said they use one or more of the companies listed below (37 groups)
See also a related article on mission trip insurance.
Background Check Services
- 33% do not require background checks (17 groups)
- 4% require churches/partners to do background checks of participants (2 groups)
- 63% conduct background checks using one or more of the services or resources below (32 groups)
The top background check organization mentioned was Protect My Ministry.